• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dutra
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by polevaultpower
    Expectations will explode and when the results aren't there, the endowment will continue to drop.
    We're not talking about endowment here; we're talking about earmarked booster donations. The rest of the University may suffer, but football won't.
    I was under the impression, from my friends who are FSU alumni, that one of the reasons Bowden has lasted as long as he has is because the university is afraid that once he goes that the money will dry up. His contacts are that influential.

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Re: Florida St. FINALLY gets an indoor track

Of course the catch is that might have to let the football team share it. :roll:

article with picture

http://www.seminoles.com/chat/072009aaa.html
    WOW BEATIFUL FACILITY!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• dal4018
    replied
    Originally posted by gm
    Originally posted by guru
    Help me understand why Florida State needs an indoor track. :?
    R . . . A . . . I . . . N
    And last time I checked, indoor track and field is a countable NCAA sport.
    They will be asking for the NCAA's down the road obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Expectations will explode and when the results aren't there, the endowment will continue to drop.
    We're not talking about endowment here; we're talking about earmarked booster donations. The rest of the University may suffer, but football won't.

Leave a comment:

• KevinM
    replied
    Originally posted by guru
    Help me understand why Florida State needs an indoor track. :?

Month Avg.

High Avg. / Low Mean Avg.

Jan 64°F / 40°F
    Feb 67°F / 42°F
    Mar 74°F / 48°F
    Similarly, why does the basketball team need an arena in Tallahassee?

The athletic arms race might have a lot to do with it, but I don't know that track fans have the luxury of looking a gift horse in the mouth. Indoor track and field is a sport; FSU has an indoor track and field team. Therefore, they'd like to have an indoor track.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    I say Bowden won't be there long enough for it to come to fruition, and we'll see what the next coach thinks. It's a crap economy, and a great way to save money is to remove the track portion of the indoor facility. Schools do stuff like this all the time. They pay a little to have a firm make some nice drawings, then show those to recruits. It won't be built before anyone they are recruiting now graduates, if ever.
    Bowden will be gone in a year or two and then expectations will REALLY explode with Jimbo Fisher. The money will POUR in to get FSU back up with the Gators. Right now all they can do is bide their time, even though Jimbo has, for all intents and purposes, taken over. They'll build it in the next 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    I say Bowden won't be there long enough for it to come to fruition, and we'll see what the next coach thinks. It's a crap economy, and a great way to save money is to remove the track portion of the indoor facility. Schools do stuff like this all the time. They pay a little to have a firm make some nice drawings, then show those to recruits. It won't be built before anyone they are recruiting now graduates, if ever.
    Bowden will be gone in a year or two and then expectations will REALLY explode with Jimbo Fisher. The money will POUR in to get FSU back up with the Gators. Right now all they can do is bide their time, even though Jimbo has, for all intents and purposes, taken over. They'll build it in the next 2 years.

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    football and track

Originally posted by Dietmar239
    Again, this is a FOOTBALL facility with a track. Screw the economy. People love the pig skin and will cough up money for it. And by extension, we will reap the benefit of it.
    And you can book it. Track needs to cozy up to football across the nation. The old days track and football worked as a unit. Who can forget Edesel Garrison, James Owens, Jackie Robinson, Theotis Brown, Skeets, bobby Hayes, and more Well said my friend.

Leave a comment:

• RHBfactor
    replied
    Re: Florida St. FINALLY gets an indoor track

Of course the catch is that might have to let the football team share it. :roll:

article with picture

http://www.seminoles.com/chat/072009aaa.html
    Huge post. Very classy facilities. Man first class. Is this a training track or can you compete on it? Are there stands indoors? I might have missed it

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    I say Bowden won't be there long enough for it to come to fruition, and we'll see what the next coach thinks.

It's a crap economy, and a great way to save money is to remove the track portion of the indoor facility.

Schools do stuff like this all the time. They pay a little to have a firm make some nice drawings, then show those to recruits. It won't be built before anyone they are recruiting now graduates, if ever.

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    Again, this is a FOOTBALL facility with a track. Screw the economy. People love the pig skin and will cough up money for it. And by extension, we will reap the benefit of it.

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    ????
    The thread title says FSU is getting an indoor track; it does not say that FSU is getting indoor track. See the difference? FSU IS getting an indoor track.
    BS. Tentative plans have been drawn up in a terrible economy with no hope of financing it. Bowden will be long retired by the time they can even think about building such a thing.

You're dreaming if you think you ARE getting an indoor track. My bet is you do not see an indoor track in Tallahassee in the next 10-20 years, if ever.
    It will happen, I say 6-10 at the longest, but 20 no way. They have been raising money for this already and all it takes is one large donation.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    My bet is you do not see an indoor track in Tallahassee in the next 10-20 years, if ever.
    Bet on, baby! There are some VERY motivated 'Nole boosters who'll do whatever the Coach (football) asks. This will benefit the fball team, so it is on! Crap economy or not.

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    ????
    The thread title says FSU is getting an indoor track; it does not say that FSU is getting indoor track. See the difference? FSU IS getting an indoor track.
    BS. Tentative plans have been drawn up in a terrible economy with no hope of financing it. Bowden will be long retired by the time they can even think about building such a thing.

You're dreaming if you think you ARE getting an indoor track. My bet is you do not see an indoor track in Tallahassee in the next 10-20 years, if ever.

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    There were plans for one of those at UGA at one point and nothing ever came of it.

You're not getting an indoor track facility. You miiiiight get one someday. Maybe.
    If the football team will share the facility, I'm sure Bowden will fast track it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X