Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any comments on America beating Milan and Inter?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any comments on America beating Milan and Inter?

    Is Serie A overrated? Or is this just soccer? (I have a feeling it's the latter.) Nice to see the home team win anyhow.

  • #2
    Seria A is crap now, too many old players in both their squads and they messed themselves up a few years back with bribing the referree's and they never really recovered, but mainly they're too old.

    Spain and England is where the best football league is. Barcelona and Real Madrid on paper are unbelievable good. The english teams are very good too, they just haven't got the superstars. But do have better defences and each of the top4 has two or three amazing players, they're just not the top 5 most famous players in the world.

    Chelsea need to buy some new players because they're just like the milans, but they have got a rich owner to do it, but he's been hit in the recession so whether he will do it I'm not sure.

    Liverpool are looking good, another good striker and they have a very dangerous team. Man Utd are always good but got a huge debt due to the American owners who couldn't really afford the club, big loss selling Ronaldo though, will be very hard to replace. Arsenal are poor and never spend big, they need a new defencive midfielder or Flamini back and another defender and they will be amazing, if all their strikers don't get injured like usual,

    Man City have unlimited money and an actually really good squad now, with unlimited money and a bit of success they will start attracting the bigger names. Basically if they get in champs league for next year they will get a very high class of player, which they're getting at the moment kind of. They need Terry to sort out their defence though, if they get him they will be very dangerous and potenitally title contenders, might still need a new manager, in Jose Maurihnio next year.

    Comment


    • #3
      These games are less than meaningless to the Italian clubs. It's Pro Bowl week in Hawai'i to them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mikewats
        Seria A is crap now, too many old players in both their squads and they messed themselves up a few years back with bribing the referree's and they never really recovered, but mainly they're too old.

        Spain and England is where the best football league is. Barcelona and Real Madrid on paper are unbelievable good. The english teams are very good too, they just haven't got the superstars. But do have better defences and each of the top4 has two or three amazing players, they're just not the top 5 most famous players in the world.

        Chelsea need to buy some new players because they're just like the milans, but they have got a rich owner to do it, but he's been hit in the recession so whether he will do it I'm not sure.

        Liverpool are looking good, another good striker and they have a very dangerous team. Man Utd are always good but got a huge debt due to the American owners who couldn't really afford the club, big loss selling Ronaldo though, will be very hard to replace. Arsenal are poor and never spend big, they need a new defencive midfielder or Flamini back and another defender and they will be amazing, if all their strikers don't get injured like usual,

        Man City have unlimited money and an actually really good squad now, with unlimited money and a bit of success they will start attracting the bigger names. Basically if they get in champs league for next year they will get a very high class of player, which they're getting at the moment kind of. They need Terry to sort out their defence though, if they get him they will be very dangerous and potenitally title contenders, might still need a new manager, in Jose Maurihnio next year.
        Enjoyed the post, Mike. So how do the Italian sides fix this problem they are facing? I guess through trades? Do they currently have the funds to compete with the Premier and Spanish leagues? What is the Spanish league called BTW?

        What about the Bundesliga? Seems like you don't hear about them like you used to. Used to love watching "Soccer Made in Germany" on PBS back in the day.

        Comment


        • #5
          The betting scandal a few years back with Milan and Juve and others really hurt the league. I mean they will be OK but they are no longer on the level of Spain and England. As far as these games go though they are just friendlies.

          We are going to have to start more soccer threads I didn't know there were some fans!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BillVol
            What is the Spanish league called BTW?
            La Liga. Italy's Serie A lacks the depth of the Premiership or the Bundesliga, but the French and Spanish leagues get pretty thin at the bottom too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BillVol

              Enjoyed the post, Mike. So how do the Italian sides fix this problem they are facing? I guess through trades? Do they currently have the funds to compete with the Premier and Spanish leagues? What is the Spanish league called BTW?

              What about the Bundesliga? Seems like you don't hear about them like you used to. Used to love watching "Soccer Made in Germany" on PBS back in the day.
              They need to fix their problem by starting to re-build their squads with fresh young talent, too many of their players in their 30's. Also both of them have bought or got amazing Brazilan strikers and they either get injured or get dis-interested in football and go fat or don't bother ie Ronaldo(injuries mainly), Ronaldihno, Adriano. Italian national team has a problem that not much good youngsters are coming through, so obviously it's not happening for the clubs either, so they will need to buy new squads and i seriously doubt they have the money. Inter Milan will carry on being the best club because they got the best manager and done a very good deal on a striker swap plus £38 mill which is crazy because the striker they got is probably better than the one they sold and is only a year older. But i think a lot of them are in debt as well and can't just write off debt like the spanish teams, they don't earn as much as english teams or have the rich owners.

              The german league from what I'm told by my brother is actually going pretty well. They've got a wage cap i think so they have to bring through young talent and can only have a few superstars in each squad then. It is better though because non of them are in debt. They also have the biggest average attendance anywhere i think, so it's very popular in Germany. They won't be able to compete with Spanish and English teams though because they throw around asbolutely silly amount of money and can't offer huge wages.

              Im not sure if you know how the transfer market works in soccer? because it's different too american football from my understanding.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marlow
                Originally posted by BillVol
                What is the Spanish league called BTW?
                La Liga. Italy's Serie A lacks the depth of the Premiership or the Bundesliga, but the French and Spanish leagues get pretty thin at the bottom too.
                Yeah i agree with this. For a pure football fan say from America who just watches the game for enjoyment, spanish league is probably whats best to watch, basically watching the top 2(real and barca) because they defend pretty badly but they score so many goals. Also the teams at the bottom aren't too good and have the potential to be destroyed. Also they play a more open game, some of the defending in the spanish league is appauling and there seems to be huge gaps in the defence. You don't really get that in the premiership.

                For watching prem games watch the top 4, man utd, chelsea, liverpool, arsneal also Man City now and Tottenham can be pretty exciting with the many 4:3 results they have had over the years. So any games between these lot, watch. If Liverpool have gerrard and Torres both fit they're good to watch, Arsneal are good to watch always, even when frustating. Man City could be, whole new team hard to say but they should be. Man Utd and Chelsea are a bit more boring, do what it takes too win. Chelsea are the most boring on a regular basis, man utd can have some great games but are usually boring and only going to be more boring without Ronaldo.

                My knowledge of the Bundesliga is off a European highlight show each week that shows french, dutch, german highlight so i just see the goals really rather than full matches. So i can't really comment.

                Comment

                Working...
                X