X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ripped off by burial insurance

A most depressing story

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 18NPUL.DTL

(They were talking about it on the radio this morning, and of course while American General now says "we don't sell that kind of thing anymore," apparently they still gladly accept the payments of those who continue to get ripped off.)

The key here is, and pay close attention as this will solve almost ALL your problems (altho it might create a few too) - don't die.

Comment

nice sensitive response to a ghastly situation.

Comment

Another view of this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/03/us/03bury.html

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Here's another. If you don't laugh at death, it'll kill ya! Scams, cons, rip-offs are part of life; everyone is susceptible, but the key is, if you laugh at it, it means you are still alive. I've already paid for my funeral expenses, and it's as cheap as cheap can be - $2000 total. No viewing, no casket, no funeral at the cemetery. Incinerate me, put me in a coffee can, put it under a nice little stone. Have a nice little going-away party. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            Scams, cons, rip-offs are part of life; everyone is susceptible, but the key is, if you laugh at it, it means you are still alive.
            So you'd tell Mr. Madoff's victims just to lighten up, laugh off the lost millions, and be thankful they're not dead, just broke?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Originally posted by gh
              Here's another. If you don't laugh at death, it'll kill ya! Scams, cons, rip-offs are part of life; everyone is susceptible, but the key is, if you laugh at it, it means you are still alive. I've already paid for my funeral expenses, and it's as cheap as cheap can be - $2000 total. No viewing, no casket, no funeral at the cemetery. Incinerate me, put me in a coffee can, put it under a nice little stone. Have a nice little going-away party. That's it.
              i have the same attitude... for MY funeral.... to tell other people, whose belief systems are far different, is horridly crass.

Comment

Working...
              X