Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    [Really? I thought he did NOT want to die; in fact he was really jazzed about his next bomb and needed his next fix. He loved his wife and son, but his addiction to adrenaline was stronger. The incident at the end with Beckham showed his total alienation - people bummed him out, but bombs turned him on. The barracks stomach-punching scene was all about this too.
    No, I did not get the impression that he WANTED to die but, as he told the Colonel, a prime requisite for defusing 863 bombs was to be willing to die.

I pondered the relevance of the stomach punching scene. What I got out of it was a bonding thing that young, strong men do. A macho substitute for getting out the ruler. I saw it as decreasing/eliminating the tension that had existed in the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      No, I did not get the impression that he WANTED to die but, as he told the Colonel, a prime requisite for defusing 863 bombs was to be willing to die.
      ??!! He said, NOT wanting to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Originally posted by lonewolf
        ??!! He said, NOT wanting to die.
        Oh... I told you my hearing was kaput. :? Either way, it is a good line.

Comment

Working...
        X