X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by wineturtle
    I stand firm with my support for the Swedish Bikini Team.

http://bittenandbound.com/wp-content/up ... -photo.jpg
    I understand how that would make you firm.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by marknhj
    Originally posted by rasb
    Sorry, Marlow.......By definition, you can not be a "bon vivant", unless you get pissed once in a while. It's just part of the definition. Tee-totalers are not, and can never be, bon vivants...So, fix that up, and we will consider you for the "club"...
    rasp - I think it was before your time here, but tafnut once described how he deliberately got pissed as a fart to avoid flying to Greenland or someplace. Probably should have been thrown out of the service, but still scores some points on the bon vivant chart
    Aha...so there is hope for Marlow yet, to gain entry to the bon vivant club...
    "hope springs eternal, in the Floridian psyche"...isn't that the saying ?
    A repeat performance, with appropriate documentation ( webcams are great) may be necessary to access "the club"... Think it over, Marlow, as you quaff your various sodas, which are much less healthy than beer, by the way .

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by marknhj
    but tafnut once described how he deliberately got pissed as a fart
    On half a pint of cider?

Leave a comment:

• marknhj
    replied
    Sorry, Marlow.......By definition, you can not be a "bon vivant", unless you get pissed once in a while. It's just part of the definition. Tee-totalers are not, and can never be, bon vivants...So, fix that up, and we will consider you for the "club"...
    rasp - I think it was before your time here, but tafnut once described how he deliberately got pissed as a fart to avoid flying to Greenland or someplace. Probably should have been thrown out of the service, but still scores some points on the bon vivant chart

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    I always thought the test of a truly cultured bon vivant was that he would not piss in the kitchen sink if there were dishes in it.
    um . . . no . . . I have never done that! :shock:

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    I always thought the test of a truly cultured bon vivant was that he would not piss in the kitchen sink if there were dishes in it.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Well, let's just see about that. Looking up 'bon vivant' on-line . . . OK . . . .here we go:

a person having cultivated, refined, and sociable tastes especially with respect to food and drink
    OK, first of all, I am so freakin' cultivated, it'll make ya puke split-pea soup on Sundays!!
    Secondly - refined? Well sheeeeeeeeee-it, I gots me all kindsa reFINEment. I hardly ever wipe my boogers on my sleeve any more!
    C. Socialable? I kin socialize wid da BEST of 'em. I wus just tellin' 3-toed Jack the other day, how he shouldnta oughta peed in Mary Jane's marigolds!
    5. Respectin' food and drink - Well, see, that's where I got this all sewed up! I loves me my Moon Pies and RC Colas ANY time of the day. I ain't particular!

So I hope you let me in that thar club of your'n.It sounds like jus' my kinda place!

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    I used to be a Stanford fan before they did two things: change their nickname from the Indians to a color; and admit (and then graduate) Marlow as a student. Don't know which of those was a dumber move . .
    :P
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking I would not have been accepted by SU's present standards. Back in the day they were satisfied with an all-round bon-vivant like myself, able to eff-up in a wide variety of subjects. Now apparently you must be an idiot savant (see how I only qualify for half that description? ), and be a total wunderkind in one tiny specialized area, be it micro quantum physics or laser brain surgery. My only noticeable specialty is getting on bh's and markn's nerves!! :P

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    I used to be a Stanford fan before they did two things: change their nickname from the Indians to a color; and admit (and then graduate) Marlow as a student. Don't know which of those was a dumber move . .
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm thinking I would not have been accepted by SU's present standards. Back in the day they were satisfied with an all-round bon-vivant like myself, able to eff-up in a wide variety of subjects. Now apparently you must be an idiot savant (see how I only qualify for half that description? ), and be a total wunderkind in one tiny specialized area, be it micro quantum physics or laser brain surgery. My only noticeable specialty is getting on bh's and markn's nerves!! :P

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    I used to be a Stanford fan before they did two things: change their nickname from the Indians to a color; and admit (and then graduate) Marlow as a student. Don't know which of those was a dumber move . . .

Yes, that is a tough call, bh....Almost depends on the day, or the post...
    I will go on record as saying that the Phoenix Suns are THE TEAM in the NBA.
    Two words - Steve Nash. By far, the greatest Canadian basketball player ever (a sport that a Canadian invented, by the way), and he happens to be from my town (and mojo's, now). And his early coaches were guys that I used to play ball with, in my oh so much younger days...Plus he is a great guy, and gives a ton back to his community and charities...
    So, that's it - Phoenix Suns - next sport ???

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    I used to be a Stanford fan before they did two things: change their nickname from the Indians to a color; and admit (and then graduate) Marlow as a student. Don't know which of those was a dumber move . . .

Leave a comment:

• pachip
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by pachip
    San Antonio Spurs... 8-)
    Manu fan, eh :wink: ?
    Yes...I always tried to copy their signature movements on the court.

Perhaps because I'm also left handed and Shooting Guard... 8-)

Leave a comment:

• polevaultpower
    replied
    Go Gators 8-)

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Ask either bambam or myself which school SHOULD get the most support...

Leave a comment:

• Dietmar239
    replied
    BOOMER....SOONER! 8-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X