X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guru
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    My new vexation is a redirection spam/virus that takes me to a commercial shopping site whenever I click on a google hit. How do I get rid of it?
    Almost certainly malware. Run your anti-spyware program, and if that doesn't do it run a full Onecare sweep(may take a couple hours) - http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/article/slowpc.htm

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    My new vexation is a redirection spam/virus that takes me to a commercial shopping site whenever I click on a google hit. How do I get rid of it?

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    replied
    Thanks, guys, the paper clip worked... finally. .. had to poke pretty hard.

Leave a comment:

• El Toro
    replied
    If the above method doesn't work easily, then google "manually eject cd-rom" and you should get some videos that will show you more "vigourous" processes.

Leave a comment:

• guru
    replied
    There should be a small hole on your CD drive door. Gently stick a paper clip or other small wire into the hole until you feel resistance. That should pop the door at least enough for you to pull it open if it doesn;t open fully on it's own.

Leave a comment:

• lonewolf
    started a topic Need Help on Computer Malfunction-Again

Need Help on Computer Malfunction-Again

Once again, I am certain someone here can advise how to fix this:
    I was playing a series of DVDs. Two played and ejected perfectly. Inserted the third and it will neither play or eject, just makes a very slow revolving dull clicking noise. Tried rebooting. No help. Does not seem to affect computer function but is annoying .. and I might want to use that drive again someday.
    I am hesitant to take a hammer or pliers to it.
    Anyone?
Working...
X