Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonewolf
    Originally posted by Mikewats
    Still don't know who craig ferguson is though. .
    late pm, early am talk show host,
    I meant from a more British prospective, like i know the rest from British TV apart from him. I wiki'd him though and he's done a few things i recognise, but don't recognise him though. I'm guessing he's made it bigger in america than in britiain, like led zep.

Comment

without doubt graham norton is the best hands down

however, he is a bit risque for main stream americano tv, but he's damn funny tv host

another one who'd do well is omid djalili, the self-proclaimed "number 1 stand-up comedian in iran" - check out his stand-up show on youtube - he's no richard pryor, but still very funny

Comment

My most popular UK funny men are Russell Brand, Ricky Gervais, I like Michael McIntyre even though i havent seen much of him even though he's been on a lot of shows recently.Jonathan Ross is funny, but hit and miss, if the guest is a bit B-list he's a lot funnier. David Walliams i find funny on panel shows, david Mitchell is very funny as well, al murray has done a few funny stand-up shows. Jimmy Carr is a good presenter, his stand up is pretty poor though, absolutely no structure just gag after gag after gag.

I generally prefer white middle class comedians because they tend to be more witty and don't rely on race, gender or racism for all their humour. eg that omar bloke, the iranian woman, lenny henry(he's just an idiot) and even the scottish ones usually. Woman comedians just aren't funny, working class background comedians tend to be like roy chubby brown, jim davidson that have built themselves up from the working mens clubs and use terrible loutish jokes to get the crowd laughing and applauding.

There's a few that break the trend most noticeable Chris Rock, but he still bases a lot of his jokes around race.

Comment

I generally prefer white middle class comedians because they tend to be more witty
          ...In your opinion

Comment

well like what i said after, they don't play on the race, gender or do racist jokes which most of the other comedians do. They have to be original. If you look at my favourite comedians they're all white and middle class, apart from chris rock.

I guess it's also the people i identify with more.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by lonewolf
              Still don't know who craig ferguson is though. .
              late pm, early am talk show host,
              I'd never heard of him either, but this interview makes me curious to see him:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... leArtEnt_6

Comment

Working...
              X