Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
    I wonder how many people count it if they've simply been in an airport? I don't count those, not that that would bump me up much more. Oh, I found two more. Up to 33! :roll:

As the kids get older my wife and I will be knocking a lot of these out.
    To get full credit at an airport, it is my belief you must get outside and touch ground with your foot( edit to add: I now see Marlow has stated the same thing)... I have done so several times to get a new US State. Ditto for travelling in a car... you gotta stop and touch ground. I once crossed the Columbia River by car, opened the door and stamped foot on Oregon, then turned around and re-crossed the river back into Washington. Needless to say a train trip would require the same procedure... but a little tougher, eh ?

Comment

83 first time through.. not sure of some of the Mexican states and places within some countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        The only rule should be you touch 'soil', i.e., not a floor of a building. My only 'airport' visit was Gitmo, but there's not much we could have done there EXCEPT walk around the base.
        I think everyone makes up his own rules. I've always counted airports, but only if I've actually gotten out of the plane and into the terminal. I've got a few airport countries and one airport state.

Comment

I got 87. Was quite surprised to discover I've been to 29 states...

Comment

Not many -- I got only 50 (but to be precise would have to get my map of Mexico out to confirm a couple of spots down there). Didn't count "airport only" or "drove through that state/province without getting out of the car" or "saw it from a train window but wasn't ever off the train in that province/country". Otherwise, it seems I could count flying over places...

Comment

do you really have to post a photo and "profile" to participate? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                do you really have to post a photo and "profile" to participate? Or am I missing something?
                I ticked them off without joining. It just means you can't save them.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Murphy
                  Walt - click on the globe, click ok on the window that pops up, then click on the arrows next to the regions and drop down lists appear.

Comment

I did this quickly and may have forgotten something, but my count was 118.

Comment

Only 56 for me. 48 states but only 8 others.

Comment

My current count is 78. As opposed to places visited, what about places lived in (1 month or more)?: I've lived in England, N.Ireland, Switzerland, Egypt, India, USA, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Italy, France,

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                          places lived in (1 month or more)?: I've lived in England, N.Ireland, Switzerland, Egypt, India, USA, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Italy, France,
                          Germany, Spain, Bermuda, Iceland, Italy, Azores, England
                          USA: Connecticut, New York, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Washington, Oregon, Ohio. Hawai'i

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
                            My current count is 78. As opposed to places visited, what about places lived in (1 month or more)?: I've lived in England, N.Ireland, Switzerland, Egypt, India, USA, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Italy, France,
                            A wife in each country :wink: ?
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                              A wife in each country :wink: ?
                              Not to mention all his concubines.

Comment

Having "lived' in only the US, Canada and Germany, I don't even qualify to enter the foreign residence sweepstakes.
                                And, having lived in only OK, KS,TX, NM, VA and CO, I won't even make honorable mention in US states residence.
                                But, I have been in 3,111 counties, parishes and boroughs in the USofA.., so am probably in the running for domestic travel.

Comment

Working...
                                X