Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    I don't drive; i have a driver, the lovely Miss Monica (in its infinite wisdom, the IAAF doesn't want the announcing staff to get hung up in a bus somewhere stuck in traffic).

She's honing her colloquial English skills by reading Harry Potter again, so we've renumbered the car from 76 to 9¾ and call it The Hogwarts Express.

Leave a comment:

• Jnathletics
    replied
    Originally posted by mump boy
    ...thez were going to send a car to the stadium for us but it was going to be 30 mins so GH very kindly came to our rescue and gave us a lift...
    Wow, you guys are either die-hard ( I emphasize die) athletic fans or really brave, not sure which, for taking a lift from a crotchety old california driver?!?! :shock: :wink:

Great stuff, keep it coming. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• roundthebend
    replied
    That's great!! Love it.

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by mojo
    Check out the guys on the IAAF site.

I have had the pleasure and honour of sitting at two meets with these guys and what you see is what you get.
    I fell in love with them instantly and though I hate to share them with the world I am damn proud of them:

http://berlin.iaaf.org/video/index.html

Click on Fun Stuff to see their daily reports.

Keep it up you two...oh wait let me rephrase that..... :wink:
    Supa Sthazz! Before i die i have to hang with these brothers!
    And their sister! :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo

I have had the pleasure and honour of sitting at two meets with these guys and what you see is what you get.
    I fell in love with them instantly and though I hate to share them with the world I am damn proud of them:

Supa Sthazz! Before i die i have to hang with these brothers!

Leave a comment:

• mojo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cacique
    replied
    Re: mump and flump are currently

In a lift with Joanna Hayes, Charmaine Crooks, Frankie Fredricks, Heike Dreshler and Miss Ana Quirot !!!

Does life get any better :-D :-D :-D

yes. me in a lift with andrew howe, lashawn, linus thornblad, roman sebrle, and ten other decathletes!

Leave a comment:

• roundthebend
    replied
    WOW....and I thought it was some random meeting lol

Leave a comment:

• mump boy
    replied
    ok so heres what happened.

we were going to the kulturstadum which is a stage in town that has music etc during the WC every day has an IAAF hour and it was fan day today so Charmaine Crooks wanted to interview us on being superfans !!!

thez were going to send a car to the stadium for us but it was going to be 30 mins so GH very kindly came to our rescue and gave us a lift.

so wee get to the square and are taken up to the sponsors office where we are given beers and sandwiches and chatting with Charmaine she introdues us to Joanna hazes whio is presenting another segment, look up and Frankie arrives everyone loves Frankie so that was cool. Chatting with frankie and Heike walks in, now i all getting a bit surreal !!! the to cap it all in walks MISS ANNA QUIROT

i am so pleased i met her yesterday because if that ad happened out of the blue i may have died !!!!

so we hang out with them have our photos taken, go to the stage they all go on with Joanna and chat then we go on with Charmaine and chat then Frankie comes back on to chat with us as well !!!!

AMAAAAAAAAZING

and then to cap it all we go to get a car back to the stadium with charmaine but her car doesnt arrive so we see heike and anna and they come with us because they had a van so me flump and charmaine jump in as we drive away we see frnakie standing in the street looking lost so we stop and he and a lady from the IAAF jump in. so in the van are the driver, Heike, charmaine, me, flump, frnakie, 2 ladies form IAAF ANNA QUIROT and her 2 kids !!!

we drive off and 5 mins later we gert pulled over by the police for being overcroweded and not wearing seat belts, Frankie, Charmaine and 1 IAAF lady get out but despite Heikes best efforts the poor driver gets a ticket !!!

this has been one strange day :

no luck with Marita im afraid but did i say that we did meet Marlies

tomorrow we're going scuba diving with Valeri Borzov, Faina Melnik and Patti Sue Plummer :P :P

excuse the punctuation i can\t work this laptop

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    They only made it to the lift because gh took pity on them standing around as the raindrops started to fall and gave them a ride in his car! :-)
    Thankyou Gary. If it wasn't for you we would have had to throw a diva tantrum when our car didn't arrive :twisted:

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by roundthebend
    I want to know what happened in the lift! I can't believe you 2 just stood there and said nothing.
    Of course we didn't stand there and say nothing!!! What do you take us for.

We were bizarrely supposed to be with them on official IAAF business being interviewed with them for 'Fan Day' ???

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Originally posted by lalala
    But have you pinned down Marita yet?
    No she was supposed to be somewhere in the stadium today but never saw her.

As we have passes we gave our friends our actual finishing straight tickets. We met them when the competish finished and they said they'd had a fabulous night and particularly loved the free meal and champagne bar???

Turns out they had randomly wandered into the VVVIP bar by mistake whilst no one was looking and thought that everyone with the best seats could go there :shock:

They've probably been hanging out with Marita all night without even realising it .

We did meet Marlies yesterday though!!! :mrgreen:

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied
    So Mump, Flump, Joanna Hayes, Charmaine Crooks, Frankie Fredricks, Heike Dreshler, Miss Ana Quirot, and gh walk into a bar... Stop me if you've heard this one.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Re: mump and flump are currently

In a lift with Joanna Hayes, Charmaine Crooks, Frankie Fredricks, Heike Dreshler and Miss Ana Quirot !!!

Does life get any better :-D :-D :-D
    I'm less impressed by the company than by the fact you can post on the forum while in a lift (and managed to type all this during the ride).

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    They only made it to the lift because gh took pity on them standing around as the raindrops started to fall and gave them a ride in his car! :-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X