Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're kidding. :?

And I thought the striped suits was the latest in celestial wear. :roll:

But to add to your point substance abuse is at the root or is associated with most crime if you probe deep enough.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

The US has the highest incarceration rateof all countries in the world, and it doesn't lead to a lower crime rate than other Western countries.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by malmo
        There's no such thing as "non violent drug offenses." If it involves drugs, there is a human toll -- and there is violence.
        I beg to differ.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

I'm guessing you could solve California's overloaded-prison problem almost overnight if you legalized marijuana (and applied the new laws retroactively).

Sure, lots of violent people in there, and many of them probably were violent related to their profession, but the sad truth is that there are (far) too many petty users behind bars eating up our resources. (no munchy humor intended)

Comment

I have never smoked a weed in my life, and never even seen one. I am also a one beer a week drinker. Having said that, let me pose the following.

Just suppose that alcoholic beverages had never been discovered whatsoever, and neither had marijuana.

Then both burst onto the scene ! Which one would immediately be labeled as the most dangerous, and frantic steps would then be taken to supress/oulaw it ?

Which one has killed the most people, and ruined the most lives ?!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              I'm guessing you could solve California's overloaded-prison problem almost overnight if you legalized marijuana (and applied the new laws retroactively).

Sure, lots of violent people in there . . .
              But not violent while high on marijuana! :P

At least one study shows that over 50% of CA prisoners are in for violent crimes. Less that one-fifth for drug offenses. http://www.ppic.org/content/pubs/jtf/JTF_PrisonsJTF.pdf

12-13% of prisoners nationwide in for weed: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7434

Comment

I thought petty pot possesion was like a freaking ticket these days in Cali????
                phsstt!

Comment

Send them all over to fight in the wars.
                  on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                    As a veteran I say thanks, but no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      I thought petty pot possesion was like a freaking ticket these days in Cali????
                      It is legal for medical purposes. Get a doctor's prescription and head down to the marijuana store. The one I frequent looks more like a bank. Get in the queue and wait for a teller (budtender) to free up . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TrakFan
                        I'm a veteran also, they wanna be a menance to society, sending them to war will open some eyes. I'm talking frontline under a watchful eye, not under the same scenario of the other military personel.
                        on the road

Comment

duke you've never smoked or seen weed in your life?

Does that mean you've never smelled it either?

Wow.

Where are you from and where have you spent the years in between?

As I've indicated before, I grew up in the hood. In my neighborhood growing up, the Ice Cream man sold dope.

So you could get the munchies and resolve them all in a single sales transaction. ops:

Anyway...

You made a good point about alcohol being bad in its own right.
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

I'm a veteran also, they wanna be a menance to society, sending them to war will open some eyes. I'm talking frontline under a watchful eye, not under the same scenario of the other military personel.
                            As a young physician, drafted to Czechoslovak military almost 50 years ago, I was assigned to a technical batallion composed of criminals (common as well as political). I would not trust them with guns, none whatsoever.
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                              As a young physician, drafted to Czechoslovak military almost 50 years ago, I was assigned to a technical batallion composed of criminals (common as well as political). I would not trust them with guns, none whatsoever.
                              This obviously won't happen, my thought was so they can feel what they dish out. The repeat offenders, obviously don't the get point of prison.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                                This obviously won't happen, my thought was so they can feel what they dish out. The repeat offenders, obviously don't the get point of prison.
                                First you have to be "human" to have feelings. Most of them aren't "human" so having feelings of remorse, etc. doesn't even fit into most of their twisted minds. :evil:
                                "Hook Em Horns"

Comment

Working...
                                X