Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one
    replied
    federal judges has ordered California to reduce its prison population by about 40,000 by mid-September

left hand to right hand: wanna know what I'm doin
    right hand: no, and why should I
    left hand: thought it would be a good idea
    right --- nah

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    dukehjsteve reply:

I'm 66, graduated from college in 1965..... did all the other normal sinful things back then ( frat parties, beer, girls ) but I never saw the stuff or even heard much about it. Then I got married with a white collar job. Also went to no rock concerts.

For sure I did not nor have I ever lived a "sheltered life', but drugs of any type just never bumped into me. As a final word let me say that if weed HAD bumped into me at age 18-22, for sure I would at a minimum have tried it out----------

TD reply:

That makes sense, duke.

As I've gotten older I realize that you really can control your associations to the point that there are certain things that you can almost become naive about.

Sometimes I see stuff on the news that shocks me, but barely causes others to blink.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    If I ever went to prison I think thats where I would want to go, scott.

Personally, I'd appreciate any encourage to not return.

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    We should work to reduce recidivism rates by making prison a horrible experience (hard manual labor, no tv, no conjucal visits, only water drink, etc).

That's another reason they're overcrowded...crooks dont mind going back
    There it is.

Maricopa County Tent City Prison Guy - his should be the model.

Hard Work
    Brutal Heat

Leave a comment:

• trackjudge
    replied
    Originally posted by Rye Catcher
    Originally posted by lonewolf
    How come no one ever thinks of the obvious solution to prison over crowding? You just start executing the worst criminals until you get down to capacity. :evil:
    Choose your "smiley"
    Works for me or ship em to Texas
    There was a proposal to ship them to Michigan. It got very serious consideration, but my understanding is they ended up rejecting it as too costly.

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    Originally posted by malmo
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    I thought petty pot possesion was like a freaking ticket these days in Cali????
    Squackee, you wouldn't want to be in the woods of Northern California this time of year. The pot business is very dangerous for hapless hikers in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Same in the backwoods of BC, where the world famous BC Bud is grown.
    But, isn't that due to the illegality of the substance, and the control over it by gangs and other law-breakers? I image stills would have been the same during Prohibition.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    [quote="TrackDaddy"]duke you've never smoked or seen weed in your life?

Does that mean you've never smelled it either?

Wow.

Where are you from and where have you spent the years in between?

dukehjsteve reply:

I'm 66, graduated from college in 1965..... did all the other normal sinful things back then ( frat parties, beer, girls ) but I never saw the stuff or even heard much about it. Then I got married with a white collar job. Also went to no rock concerts.

For sure I did not nor have I ever lived a "sheltered life', but drugs of any type just never bumped into me. As a final word let me say that if weed HAD bumped into me at age 18-22, for sure I would at a minimum have tried it out.

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied
    Squackee, you wouldn't want to be in the woods of Northern California this time of year. The pot business is very dangerous for hapless hikers in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Leave a comment:

• robert5744
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by Pego
    Originally posted by TrakFan
    Send them all over to fight in the wars.
    As a veteran I say thanks, but no thanks
    I'm a veteran also, they wanna be a menance to society, sending them to war will open some eyes. I'm talking frontline under a watchful eye, not under the same scenario of the other military personel.
    As a young physician, drafted to Czechoslovak military almost 50 years ago, I was assigned to a technical batallion composed of criminals (common as well as political). I would not trust them with guns, none whatsoever.
    This obviously won't happen, my thought was so they can feel what they dish out. The repeat offenders, obviously don't the get point of prison.
    First you have to be "human" to have feelings. Most of them aren't "human" so having feelings of remorse, etc. doesn't even fit into most of their twisted minds. :evil:

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Pego
    I'm a veteran also, they wanna be a menance to society, sending them to war will open some eyes. I'm talking frontline under a watchful eye, not under the same scenario of the other military personel.
    As a young physician, drafted to Czechoslovak military almost 50 years ago, I was assigned to a technical batallion composed of criminals (common as well as political). I would not trust them with guns, none whatsoever.
    This obviously won't happen, my thought was so they can feel what they dish out. The repeat offenders, obviously don't the get point of prison.

Leave a comment:

• Pego
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    duke you've never smoked or seen weed in your life?

Does that mean you've never smelled it either?

Wow.

Where are you from and where have you spent the years in between?

As I've indicated before, I grew up in the hood. In my neighborhood growing up, the Ice Cream man sold dope.

So you could get the munchies and resolve them all in a single sales transaction. ops:

Anyway...

You made a good point about alcohol being bad in its own right.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    It is legal for medical purposes. Get a doctor's prescription and head down to the marijuana store. The one I frequent looks more like a bank. Get in the queue and wait for a teller (budtender) to free up . . .

Leave a comment:

• TrakFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X