Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is harassment permitted on these boards?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by Vince
    Why is Malmo, "very, very wrong", but Jazzycyclist just "wrong"? The reason I ask is that I feel the exact opposite.
    Oh, so malmo was indeed wrong to post the PM.

I'll take that as a retraction of your previous statement:

It was the mechanism of these boards that enabled the harassment, and to be sure, the haranguer should also be banned. It's good to see Malmo expose it.
    Not exactly. I'm glad he posted it. The truth sets us free.

Comment

The truth sets us free.
      Indeed, so I guess you'll be posting your full name, address, phone number, etc., here now. That should set you free . . . since 'confidentiality' seems so anathema to you.

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
        Well a lot of "regulars" are posting opinions, so here is mine:

Jazzcyclist, you were wrong to call Malmo what you did in a PM. You should have ignored him.

Malmo, you deserved what jazzcyclist called you even though he was wrong to do so. Additionally you were very, very wrong to publicly air his PM to you. You should be ashamed but I am quite sure you are not.
        I agree with everything you've said.

Comment

I just noticed something. Here is Guideline #14 for these message boards.

14. This isn't a personal message board. If you want to get into a 2-person debate—particularly when you are highjacking a thread—please take it off-line.
          so when someone did do as the mods asked, took it off-line, malmo brought it back on-line and indeed made a whole thread about it. :?:

Comment

The truth sets us free.
            Indeed, so I guess you'll be posting your full name, address, phone number, etc., here now. That should set you free . . . since 'confidentiality' seems so anathema to you.
            I don't equate posting a derogatory missive to giving out confidential information. Do you want my SSN also so anyone here can sell it to a guy on the street corner??

Comment

14. This isn't a personal message board. If you want to get into a 2-person debate—particularly when you are highjacking a thread—please take it off-line.
              so when someone did do as the mods asked, took it off-line, malmo brought it back on-line and indeed made a whole thread about it. :?:
              Wouldn't offline mean, not a PM either? Doesn't offline mean off the internet?

Comment

No. Offline refers to PMs. Perhaps if you learn som simple things you will see were and why your totally wrong here.

PMs are PRIVATE messages. The word private HAS to account for something here.

Posting privat messages on the public forum section (any one) should be immediate grounds for banning someone period.

Trust me I have PMs from folk that I would LOVE for EVERYONE on this site to see, but i don't post them because its a breach of the system.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track

No. Offline refers to PMs. Perhaps if you learn som simple things you will see were and why your totally wrong here.

PMs are PRIVATE messages. The word private HAS to account for something here.

Posting privat messages on the public forum section (any one) should be immediate grounds for banning someone period.

Trust me I have PMs from folk that I would LOVE for EVERYONE on this site to see, but i don't post them because its a breach of the system.
                  And I always thought it was Personal Message, and that is no excuse to abuse it either. I think an internet lawyer would say that was online also.

Comment

Come on Vince, now you're being silly. Why do you think this board has a pm feature anyway? You always know who a pm comes from, and you're free to delete it without reading it, as I have done on a couple of occasions when I have been pm'd by people who I have no interest in carrying on a dialogue with.

Comment

I love threads like this.

Comment

And I always thought it was Personal Message, and that is no excuse to abuse it either. I think an internet lawyer would say that was online also.
                        That tends to happen when you thought and stop thinking. ops:

Comment

And I always thought it was Personal Message.

Comment

Originally posted by BillVol
                            I love threads like this.
                            I don't .
                            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

The ONLY 'off-line' method available to us IS Private Message. It's not like we have each other's e-mail, street address or phone number.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                                I am certain that if I responded in kind I would be banned for life plus thirty. :x
                                Why would they do that when a mere thirty would do?

Comment

Working...
                                X