Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is harassment permitted on these boards?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by eldrick
    i can't see the problem

malmo occasionally makes some provocative posts in this forum ( & with kennedy he has a good point - the american people woudn't elect him president because of chappaquidick - they never forgot or forgave him in potential presidency years of the '80s ) & if you disagree with him, argue with him, not ban him from here

banning him from this forum makes no sense at all - it imples everything he posts about non-athletics subjects is indefensible, untenable & distorted - it's not
    Malmo is banned from this forum for the same reason you have have on multiple occasions been banned in toto: for being unremittingly argumentative and contentious and disgregarding elemental rules of acceptable behavior. You of all people should recognize this slippery slope.

I've let this thing run for a couple of days to get everybody get it out of their system, but now we're at the end.

Do I consider a single PM to be "harassment"? Absolutely not. Particularly when it contains one minor "expletive" that can now be heard on basic television. Were there a string of such things, the mods would expect the offended party to notify us so we could take appropriate action against the miscreant.

In this case, I commend jazz for having the good taste to take his spot-on complaint offline rather than making a public spectacle. Particularly because we take a dim view of those who try to play cop on the forums themselves.

Since I know of no mechanism for banning somebody from a single forum, all I can do is hold the threat of an overall ban for those (few) who have received single-forum bans. Malmo, you're not welcome on this forum, plain and simple. This most recent action shows that you just don't pack the gears to maintain ongoing civil discourse.

I can't make it much plainer than that.

Leave a comment:

• Brian
    replied
    Originally posted by kuha
    If you project like that for more than four hours, you should consult a doctor.

Isn't that the naked guy from "Watchmen"--? Here we go again...

[*JUST* kidding. Honest.]

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    If you project like that for more than four hours, you should consult a doctor.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by malmo
    A classic case of projection.
    Astral, baby! The scary kind!
    [actual unretouched photo Marlow projecting! :twisted: 8-) :wink: ]

Leave a comment:

• malmo
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    What am I going to do now that malmo doesn't like me?
    You're going to have to stand at the back of a VERY long line. Richard Nixon's Enemies List is is just a few chicken scratchings compared to this one.
    A classic case of projection.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    What am I going to do now that malmo doesn't like me?
    You're going to have to stand at the back of a VERY long line. Richard Nixon's Enemies List is is just a few chicken scratchings compared to this one.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    To each his (or her) own.

malmo, your turn.

That is, unless you're banned and in that case you'd have to skip this one.

Leave a comment:

• Helen S
    replied
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNN.

Leave a comment:

• kuha
    replied
    For better or worse, Descartes' spirit lives on:

I Post Therefore I Am.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    Originally posted by Vince
    DesCartes might agree, but of course he didn't have access to the internet
    Bummer for him. Imagine what material they missed.

Leave a comment:

• Vince
    replied
    Originally posted by Daisy
    Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    This thread is, in terms of maturity, at about a 4th grade level.
    That's being generous.

And what does it say of me that I find it thoroughly entertaining?
    Then we should bring it up a notch. As squackee asked above, how do we assess the relative offensiveness of one private "asshole" vs. one public "jackass." It's a question the medieval Scholastics could have spent decades pondering...
    To paraphrase...I think you're a Jackass, therefore I am an Asshole. DesCartes might agree, but of course he didn't have access to the internet

Leave a comment:

• bad hammy
    replied
    Originally posted by bad hammy
    This whole thread is pathetic . . .
    Now that a malmo fanboy has shown up this thread has reached a whole new level of patheticness. Trying to figure out who is the asshole and who is the jackass is pretty easy, though.

Leave a comment:

• Daisy
    replied
    That's being generous.

Then we should bring it up a notch. As squackee asked above, how do we assess the relative offensiveness of one private "asshole" vs. one public "jackass." It's a question the medieval Scholastics could have spent decades pondering...

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    replied
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• rasb
    replied
    That's being generous.

It says your reading and comprehension level are improving... :wink:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X