Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News for Inspector Morse Fans

On PBS tonight, a new series will debut, "Inspector Lewis". I guess when they killed off Morse a couple years ago (very soon after John Thaw, in fact, died) they did a one off called "Lewis". It was a hit. So now, he is the inspector, and I guess his detective sergeant is kind of a surrogate Morse. Not so heavy on the Mozart, but lots of Shakespear. Might be worth a look.

Re: Good News for Inspector Morse Fans

Originally posted by mike renfro
    On PBS tonight, a new series will debut, "Inspector Lewis". I guess when they killed off Morse a couple years ago (very soon after John Thaw, in fact, died) they did a one off called "Lewis". It was a hit. So now, he is the inspector, and I guess his detective sergeant is kind of a surrogate Morse. Not so heavy on the Mozart, but lots of Shakespear. Might be worth a look.
    You have the order wrong. Colin Dexter had killed off Morse in his last novel over a year before Thaw died. Also Thaw, as Morse, died in the last episode of the series.

John Thaw's death just a few months later surprised many.

Comment

Re: Good News for Inspector Morse Fans

I saw a couple of Lewis episodes when last in the UK. Morse fans will like it.

Comment

the mantle will soon pass to his sidekick

laurence fox is an awesome actor destined to be a great

it's a pity kenneth branagh isn't doing shakespeares' anymore - fox woud make a great mark anthony to his caesar

Comment

Saw the 1st episode of the new (at least to PBS) series. Pretty good. We will continue to watch.

Comment

If you are a John Thaw fan, as I am, and are a member of Netflix, watch something called Kavanagh QC. It is a gentler, but still wonderful, John Thaw.

Comment

Working...
            X