Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the informative review, Becca. There was little/no chance I was going to read this book but now I know to avoid it.
    I does seem strange that, if the author is really a track official, she would be so woefully uninformed about t&f athletes and their events. :?

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
      1. The story was generally told from a third-person limited narrative of the girl, but it would sometimes inexplicably switch to third-person limited narrative of the pole vaulter... then back to the girl. Like in the middle of a chapter.

2. The main character has a lot of similarities with me (except for having so many guys chase me at once!)
      1. How Faulknerian!
      2. If you weren't so FAST, more guys would try to chase you (except that now you're married!)

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        Yes, I want it as brutally authentic as this movie: :twisted:
        and this one
        http://www.cinemasterpieces.com/goldengirlinsert.jpg

(eek above post larger than expected so mods feel free to delete)

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
          Thanks for the informative review, Becca. There was little/no chance I was going to read this book but now I know to avoid it.
          I does seem strange that, if the author is really a track official, she would be so woefully uninformed about t&f athletes and their events. :?
          I don't think she has any track background other than officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by polevaultpower
            I don't think she has any track background other than officiating.
            Here you go, ma'am. Hold this stick with the tape measure attached in the sand until I say 'thank you'. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
              Originally posted by lonewolf
              Lets just hope they hire a technical advisor for the movie so I won't have to fume through it
              Yes, I want it as brutally authentic as this movie:

:twisted:
              Didn't care much for the movie. Much preferred Chariots of Fire to this.

Comment

Working...
              X