• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bambam1729
    Originally posted by catson52
    Originally posted by Pego
    ...Niels Bohr...
    This has got to be the most awesome name of the thread. How old are you?
    67. When I was a physics undergrad, our univ. had Bohr over as a speaker. That would be 1959 or 1960, more likely 1959. A few lucky students were introduced to the great man, and hence my 2-5 seconds of fame.
    And his brother competed in which Olympics and in which sport???
    And what is the category under which these threads are being posted? Oly participation, especially in T&F, is not the most awesome achievement in the world.

Comment

[quote="Yelena Isinbayeva[/quote]

Must have been a firm one!
      - Yelena Isinbayeva -11000+ photos - 250+ videos-

Comment

Originally posted by pachip
        Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Carlos Delfino, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, Yelena Isinbayeva, etc.
        Yelena Isinbayeva Must have been a firm one!

Comment

Originally posted by slvr1969
          Manu Ginobili, Andres Nocioni, Carlos Delfino, Lionel Messi, Diego Maradona, Yelena Isinbayeva, etc.
          The most important of the list...

Comment

do you remember how it felt

Comment

...Niels Bohr...
              67. When I was a physics undergrad, our univ. had Bohr over as a speaker. That would be 1959 or 1960, more likely 1959. A few lucky students were introduced to the great man, and hence my 2-5 seconds of fame.
              And what is the category under which these threads are being posted? Oly participation, especially in T&F, is not the most awesome achievement in the world.
              Well, actually, he was fairly famous in his own right, with a fairly extensive bio on Wikipedia if you want to look it up. His Olympic participation was a footnote to his life. I thought it might be interesting, but I guess you didn't think so.

Comment

[quote=bambam1729]
                Originally posted by "catson52":2slrsxqg
                ...Niels Bohr...
                Well, actually, he was fairly famous in his own right, with a fairly extensive bio on Wikipedia if you want to look it up. His Olympic participation was a footnote to his life. I thought it might be interesting, but I guess you didn't think so.[/quote:2slrsxqg]

Sorry, misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

Comment

do you remember how it felt
                  In 06' she came to my city, because her coach is Vitaly Petrov...same coach of German Chiaraviglio. Petrov also organized an indoor meet with other pole vaulters like Fabiana Murer, Fabio Gomes, Alejandra Garcia, Joana Costa, etc...Yelena went to the meet, but as "star guest". Isi trained here for 3, 4 days... it felt very, very good. She's very nice in person...always has a smile in her face.

Comment

I got a chance to watch a White Sox game last night in one of those fancy suites. Very nice, but the best part was Moose Showron showed up for a few innings. For those with short memories Moose played on those awesome 1950's Yankee teams. His favorite year was 1961 with the three Ms, Mickey, Maris and Moose. Then was traded to the Sox in 1964 when I saw him play. Great guy with a lot of stories, and at 79 look and sounded in great shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                      I got a chance to watch a White Sox game last night in one of those fancy suites. Very nice, but the best part was Moose Showron showed up for a few innings. For those with short memories Moose played on those awesome 1950's Yankee teams. His favorite year was 1961 with the three Ms, Mickey, Maris and Moose. Then was traded to the Sox in 1964 when I saw him play. Great guy with a lot of stories, and at 79 look and sounded in great shape.
                      From Jerry Izenberg, a New York sportswriter, writing in the late 1960s:

Where is the magic that was Mantle?
                      Kubek to Moose, a double play.
                      I don't remember getting older.
                      When did they?

Comment

Working...
                      X