Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If these message boards went away...

GH wrote when he locked a recent thread:

"As much as I hate to say it, the IAAF option of just kissing the Boards goodbye is starting to look like an attractive option."

What would you do if that happened? Find another place on the internet to post? Where?

Or what else would you do with the gained 5, 10, 20, 90 minutes you spend on this site?

I average 2-5 minutes a day here so I don't stand to gain (or lose) much, but I wonder what the hard core crew will do...

I wonder if the board will exist 12 months from now... what are the odds? 50-50?

ehh, what's to miss? Certainly not Squackee's humor, or mojo's cooking stuff, or bad hammy's Hasaymania, or guru's (where is that boy?) incessant fawning over Mary, or mark's high jump stories, or kuha's travelogues, or pego's EBloc reminiscences, or Jon's Euro perspective, or MJD's (where is that boy?) Canuckia, or EPelle's (where is that boy?) voluminious research, or Daisy's wit or tandfman's bad puns, or gh's insider info, or even eldrick's math equations, etc. . . . . !

I guess I'd wander over to the letsrun window, look inside for a while, shake my head ruefully, and just keep walking.

Comment

If the board went away? It already has somewhat. Can it be fixed, dont know.

If they did pull the plug i would send my henchmen ( x-shot putters in a rusty van) to fix the situation. If that didnt work i probably wait to see where my friends went.

As a Beatle once said, "All things must pass."
      phsstt!

Comment

I'd miss it. Simple as that.
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

It would really suck during the major events when you don't have television coverage available to view. Some guys on here are pretty good at providing a written commentary that ALMOST makes up for those time when you're unable to actually see the race, jump, or throw.

Comment

Through the T&FN message board, I feel that I've made a bunch of new friends--the people mentioned by Marlow and a number of others. Although I've never met most of these fellow posters, I'd miss their friendship, and I'd miss the exchange of ideas that we've been able to share for the past six years.

Squackee is right. All things must pass. I have, and would continue to have, a very full life without the board but, like Pego, I'd miss it if it passed. I hope that doesn't happen any time soon.

Comment

What did you do before this message board or any for that matter.

Stay away from sharp objects and the window. :shock:
              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                To be blunt, I missed this board before it existed! :?:
                I wanted to discuss T&F, but had no one with which to do it. Now I do. If it goes away, my wife would be Casualty #1, cuz she'd have to listen to me babble on about some athlete or performance or meet that she had no interest whatsoever hearing about. :wink:

Comment

Hug my teddy bear, cuddle my blankie, and suck my thumb...
                  No big deal...

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    I wanted to discuss T&F, but had no one with which to do it. Now I do. If it goes away, my wife would be Casualty #1, cuz she'd have to listen to me babble on about some athlete or performance or meet that she had no interest whatsoever hearing about. :wink:
                    Didn't you post to the T&F mailing list?

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                      Didn't you post to the T&F mailing list?
                      I tried to a couple of times, but somehow either the technology eluded me or they just had more sense than to include someone like me, because my posts never showed up.

Comment

Or, here's an option, you could start your own message board 8-)
                        on the road

Comment

How would I feed all the crickets?
                          I just realized I misposted earlier. If this went away, I would go hang out with Becca on her board, but I'd sure miss all the other events!

Comment

How would I feed all the crickets?
                            I just realized I misposted earlier. If this went away, I would go hang out with Becca on her board, but I'd sure miss all the other events!
                            Why be concerned with that?
                            on the road

Comment

I would definitely miss some folks. Although, I think I'd finally get a lot of stuff done around the house that I need to. At least that's what the better half says.
                              If you're ever walking down the beach and you see a girl dressed in a bikini made out of seashells, and you pick her up and hold her to your ear, you can hear her scream.

Comment

Working...
                              X