Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaicans admitted to doping

Did anyone else check the article on Universal sports about the 4 athletes who admitted to doping?

Yohan Blake, Lansford Spence, Marvin Anderson and Allodin Fothergill all admitted to taking ban substances before the Jamaican National champs.

Wow.

I hate to hear that for the sport. You hate it anytime one of these young athletes makes a poor choice. I'm sure Bolt is upset by this association since his training partner is involved.

And how will this affect Jamaica and it's overall image? I know that doping positives in the past have hurt the image of the US and other nations.

That this revelation was confirmed after the WC seems a bit scripted. Seriously doubt that's a coincidence.
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

They admitted taking a stimulant that's not mentioned by name, but is in a category of related substances as far as I understand it. Just like Tori Edwards. It's really not worth getting worked up about.

They're hardly running down a track with a needle full of designer steroids hanging out of their arms!

Comment

link?

Comment

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArti ... =204788164
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Thanks.

OK, so this is bad news for Jamaican track. Blake looked very good this season, and we may have found out why. And how incompetent do the JAAA look now seeing that the assigned disciplinary panel actually cleared Blake and the others before an appeal was made?

......now I'm just going to wait for the clever posters that will somehow link this story to Bolt and the success of the other Jamaican athletes in Berlin.....

Comment

I am going to stay away from this topic...

((Irrespective of the fact I know prudent information regarding this case))

I have a feeling this topic might get ugly pretty soon .

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk

Smart move. And you are right, this is going to get nasty. I think we all know which group of posters will pounce and proclaim the entire Jamaican track team dirty after this.......nevermind that the runners that admitted to being dirty didn't go to Berlin.

Comment

:shock: :x :evil:
                  DO YOUR BEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor sprint
                    :shock: :? woooow so 3 athlets from Racers admitted taking a stimulant , MILLS had to talk about now ( we need some comments from him ).
                    DO YOUR BEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TrainerPhil
                      .... I think we all know which group of posters will pounce and proclaim the entire Jamaican track team dirty after this.........
                      Not on this Board they won't.

Comment

re Racers Track Club athletes

Actually only Blake and Marvin Anderson are members of Racers.What happens if the offense merits only a public warning?I would think that after the Torri Edwards fiasco the lords of the sport would move cautiously in levying a two-year ban here.

Comment

The news release is quite brief and doesn't add much to what we already knew. In effect the athletes have said, Yes, those positive A and B samples are ours. They haven't admitted to knowingly taking performance-enhancing drugs. Ignorance is no excuse, I know, and the penalties are the same whether or not they knew what they were taking. Still, it's too early for us to start making moral judgments.

Comment

Originally posted by rudawal
                            The news release is quite brief and doesn't add much to what we already knew. In effect the athletes have said, Yes, those positive A and B samples are ours. They haven't admitted to knowingly taking performance-enhancing drugs. Ignorance is no excuse, I know, and the penalties are the same whether or not they knew what they were taking. Still, it's too early for us to start making moral judgments.
                            It says they admitted to taking a banned stimulant, not that they admitted to having positive drug tests.

I dont recall any news of any of them admitting to taking banned substances or anything like that, so what did we already know?

Comment

Originally posted by t_monk

Will the tempest be in a teapot(this board) or in real life?

Comment

Working...
                              X