X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    lovetorun

• lovetorun
    replied
    I agree that BYU let itself and it's conference down...I always wonder which BYU team is going to show up. It seems that, at their best, they can beat anybody, but at their worst, can be beaten by almost anybody!

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Week 3, BYU

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 19Q4SU.DTL

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    replied
    Big 12 gets week 2 honors, with Colorado & Oklahama State sharing:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 19MPG0.DTL

Leave a comment:

• Conor Dary

• Conor Dary
    replied
    Being an old Duck, I think Oregon did the right thing. It is Boise State that looks craven.

Leave a comment:

• dukehjsteve

• dukehjsteve
    replied
    Someone said, " Do you think we should suspend everyone that talks trash ? "

YES, from 6th grade on, every coach of every sports team should not tolerate it whatsoever. Send them home for the day, the week, the month, forever, whatever, as the severity of the behavior dictates. They may talk that way at home, in the hallways, on the street, etc., but NOT on the playing field. Period. A no-tolerance policy adhered to by all coaches everywhere just might, a tiny bit, help increase civility, surely on the athletic fields to a great degree, but hopefully elsewhere as well.

Leave a comment:

• bambam1729

• bambam1729
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I've been a Boise State fan ever since they upset the Sooners three years ago, but their decision not to suspend Hout leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I thought Coach Peterson had more class than that, but I guess he truly believes in the Vince Lombardi motto: "Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing".
    I agree. Hout should have been suspended absolutely, and I think the penalty for Blount was ridiculously extreme. Give the kid a chance, he made a mistake. Suspend for 2 games, and let him try to have a life in football.

Lombardi later always said what he actually meant was "Winning isn't everything, but making the effort to win is."

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied
    Originally posted by Marlow
    We live in a hypocritical, violence-thirsty society and Blount is also being penalized for throwing such a clean, crisp right cross.
    NO, we live in a society that does NOT condone such violence. Too bad sportsmanship didn't come as dear. I would sit both of them for 5 games.
    Amen! What makes Hout's actions so bad is that his actions were premeditated, as opposed to Blount who just reacted. And Boise State coach, Chris Peterson must have sensed that what Hout said was pretty inflammatory, because he grabbed Hout as soon as he said it and before Blount punched him.

Leave a comment:

• Pego

• Pego
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    I've been a Boise State fan ever since they upset the Sooners three years ago, but their decision not to suspend Hout leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I thought Coach Peterson had more class than that, but I guess he truly believes in the Vince Lombardi motto: "Winning isn’t everything; it’s the only thing".
    Would you be in favor of suspending every athlete that talks trash? There would be a lot of them. If Blount trashtalked back or just walked away, nobody would ever know of Hout.
    Of course, I don't know what Hout said. That might make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow

• Marlow
    replied
    We live in a hypocritical, violence-thirsty society and Blount is also being penalized for throwing such a clean, crisp right cross.
    NO, we live in a society that does NOT condone such violence. Too bad sportsmanship didn't come as dear. I would sit both of them for 5 games.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gh
    Administrator

• gh
    started a topic Conference Chump: Week 3 is BYU

Conference Chump: Week 3 is BYU

a new award

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 19JHL3.DTL
Working...
X