Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is Bud Greenspan?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

    A couple of weeks ago, I bought a device and software to digitize my old VHS tapes. I am currently going through some of the old Greenspan "Olympiad" series. I recorded them long ago when ESPN showed a bunch of them. As the first is downloading, the one about the 800, I took some time to look around the internet and I see this thread. Curious.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

      Originally posted by mcgato
      A couple of weeks ago, I bought a device and software to digitize my old VHS tapes. I am currently going through some of the old Greenspan "Olympiad" series. I recorded them long ago when ESPN showed a bunch of them. As the first is downloading, the one about the 800, I took some time to look around the internet and I see this thread. Curious.
      mcgato, I need to do this as well. I have the Olympiad series on VHS and want to convert them to DVDs. Can you tell me what hardware and software device you are using for this? I tried one a few years ago and it did not work.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

        Wouldn't most agree that the piece on John Stephen Akhwari was Bud's best work? Found this on YT. I'm not sure if this is zappable or not.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3rOMnLGBk

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

          Going to have to put my VHS of "America's Greatest Olympians" in tonight. Taped it off TBS back in '96.

          The piece on Betty Robinson never fails to bring a tear..
          There are no strings on me

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

            Originally posted by bambam
            mcgato, I need to do this as well. I have the Olympiad series on VHS and want to convert them to DVDs. Can you tell me what hardware and software device you are using for this? I tried one a few years ago and it did not work.
            I've been using:
            VHS to DVD 5.0 Deluxe
            by Honest Technology

            I bought it through amazon. It is pretty straight forward. Install software from CD. Hook up VCR to a little box. Two RCA plugs for audio. One RCA plug or s-video for picture. The other end of the little box goes to the computer via USB link.

            Once the hardware is hooked up, you just insert VHS tape and start it playing. At appropriate time, start recording to your computer. Note this takes a lot of memory. About 3 GB per hour. There is an edit mode that will allow you to edit out commercials or just trim it down to what you want. It will record commercial tapes.

            It will burn to a DVD if you so desire. There is a button that will upload to youtube if you so desire. It's not overly sophisticated, but it is doing what I want it to do--get the VHS tapes onto digital. I bought a 1 TB disk for $100 a couple of years ago, so memory is really cheap. I may need another before this is done.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

              bambam,

              Two years ago I bought a Toshiba DVD-VCR combo recorder just for the purpose of converting VHS tapes to DVD and it has worked like a charm. The Toshiba DVR670 looks like the comparable current offering from them ($189 online). You can dub either direction, VHS to DVD or DVD to VHS. When you get it set up and ready, a VHS tape and blank DVD in place, you just hit Dub and both start spinning and the dubbing happens right then. If you stop, or even quit and come back later, the receiving DVD gets written to right where things left off. It's a simple way to edit out commercials from TV broacasts recorded on VHS, such as the two NCAA basketball championship games won by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the last five years (though it doesn't look like I'll be doing that again any time soon.)

              Comment


              • #22
                Re:

                Originally posted by Halfmiler2
                I was fortunate to meet him at the 1996 Olympics. Seemed like a genuinely good man.
                I reiterate what I said 15 months ago. R.I.P.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

                  Originally posted by DrJay
                  It's a simple way to edit out commercials from TV broacasts recorded on VHS, such as the two NCAA basketball championship games won by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in the last five years (though it doesn't look like I'll be doing that again any time soon.)
                  Yeah, if I were you, I'd save those.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

                    Fire up your DVRs - NBC's Universal Sports cable channel is having a nine-night Greenspan marathon, starting this Saturday at 9:00 PM with LA84.
                    There are no strings on me

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

                      Broadcast schedule for the aforementioned Greenspan marathon on Universal Sports -

                      http://www.universalsports.com/news/art ... ghts+glory
                      There are no strings on me

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Where is Bud Greenspan?

                        Thanx for that, guru. Didn't know about it.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X