This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STL_Runner
    Here are a few others that are "just" theories...

Cell Theory
    Modern Atomic Theory
    String Theory
    Theory of Gravity
    Germ Theory
    Theory of General Relativity
    Theory of Special Relativity

By trying to discredit evolution by stating that it is "just a theory", you really are just telling everyone that you are completely clueless about the difference between a normal theory and a scientific theory.
    In terms of testable theories I think you'll find plenty of physicists who put String Theory in the same bucket as Creationism ....

Comment

I think this may add some perspective:
      "Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory"
      http://www.theonion.com/content/node/39512

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
        To clarify... I don't believe that MAN has evolved
        Apparently not . . . :roll:

Comment

I would love to answer ANY questions you may have for me, Daisy. 8-)
          No further questions.

Comment

Originally posted by IanS_Liv
            Cooter, please tell me that colouring book with Jesus riding the dinosaurs, and the names of those colours is a spoof. Please?
            Unfortunately, no it's not. That pic has been all over the Web for a few years. If I remember correctly, it is available at the Creationist Museum gift shop.

Comment

TrackDaddy, please tell me that you aren't one of those folks who believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible. :?

Comment

I got in hot water over all this a few weeks ago, causing one poster to say he had "lost all respect for me." So I shall say no more other than I stand by my prior remarks.

Comment

Cooter, please tell me that colouring book with Jesus riding the dinosaurs, and the names of those colours is a spoof. Please?
                  oh please - THIS is a more realistic picture! :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                    In the unlikely event that I have one or two "friends" left on this forum, I am going to stay out of this one.
                    I still consider you a friend (if you'll have me for one, of course :wink. I am also staying out of this, primarily because quite a few intelligent posts are trying to tell TD, what absurd position he claims to represent. I've been through this with him before and there is no amount of evidence that would change his mind. His oft reply is that there is "no evidence" :shock: .
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

WiT Theory of An Evolvo-Color World

Originally posted by Marlow
                      oh please - THIS is a more realistic picture! :wink:

Judging from that dinosaur`s color I believe dinosaurs evolved into the Hershey Bar.

Tom Hyland:
                      "squack and wineturtle get it"

Comment

Originally posted by lapsus
                        Hey, it's got Jennifer Connolly, again playing the wife of a scientist! Somehow that crucial piece of information got left out of the linked article :P
                        Yeah but thank goodness they included this:

Movieguide.org, an influential site that reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.

:P
                        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by STL_Runner
                          Correct, evolution will remain a scientific theory as long as there is no evidence to DISPUTE it. So, you're making the exact opposite point you intended to.
                          What is it you don't understand about THEORY lacking enough evidence to be called fact?

You can play Scrabble all you want but at the end of the day its a hunch.

Flip a coin.
                          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Do you consider this icon as your get out of jail free card?

Flip a coin.
                            Ignorance should not be flaunted as expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by lapsus
                              Hey, it's got Jennifer Connolly, again playing the wife of a scientist! Somehow that crucial piece of information got left out of the linked article :P
                              Yeah but thank goodness they included this:

Movieguide.org, an influential site that reviews films from a Christian perspective, described Darwin as the father of eugenics and denounced him as "a racist, a bigot and an 1800s naturalist whose legacy is mass murder". His "half-baked theory" influenced Adolf Hitler and led to "atrocities, crimes against humanity, cloning and genetic engineering", the site stated.

I guess, that says something about the "Christian perspective", if it really is that. Not one of those statements about Darwin is remotely correct. Ben Stein, in his attempt to a movie, tried the same approach and was widely demolished even by many conservative and Christian media outlets.
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

TD, it is with deep regret that I must inform you now that all the Kool Points you earned in SR's shout-out have now been used up, and you're on your own, buddy.
                                That Nazi reference, even with the cute emoticon, put you deep in the hole. Your only hope is for SR to dedicate 21010 to you and then break the 400 (and 200) record. Short of that, you're in a rapidly diminishing position.

Comment

Working...
                                X