X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
    Originally posted by Pego
    I guess, that says something about the "Christian perspective", if it really is that. Not one of those statements about Darwin is remotely correct. Ben Stein, in his attempt to a movie, tried the same approach and was widely demolished even by many conservative and Christian media outlets.
    Pego

I didnt write the quote, it came from the article linked at the top of the page. The Christian perspective is broad since the degree of one's faith is independent of others.

The reason I'm glad it was in the article is that the overall theme of the article is to present the position that it is somehow less intelligent to not believe in Darwin's flawed thesis.

I believe its important for people to know that many don't hold him in high esteem.
    Based on all those lies in the quote? Do you actually support that sort of condemnation? Based on vicious lies about a decent man?
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

That isnt evidence of anything other than your desire to play with words.
      I do not play with words. You just choose not to listen to them.

TD, Do you actually support that sort of condemnation? Based on vicious lies about a decent man?
      Of course:
      Originally posted by Above, TrackDaddy
      thank goodness they included this.. "[said condemnation]"
      Originally posted by Daisy
      I have no problem with the Bryan's of this world but please don't come out swinging.
      Stop changing the subject and show me fossilized evidence of man transitioning.
      Bryan's god of the gaps.

Comment

That isnt evidence of anything other than your desire to play with words.
        I do not play with words. You just choose not to listen to them.
        Why don't you oblige with the second half of my post since your scientific theory isnt really a theory at all? :roll:

Here I'll ask YET AGAIN and so you can avoid it like Marlow and the other Darwinists did:

Please show me fossilized evidence of man transitioning or admit that his theory is just that.

A theory. Really those are the only two choices one has...no?

I love this TrackDaddy gig. 8-)
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Please show me fossilized evidence of man transitioning or admit that his theory is just that.
          See above, Bryan's god of the gaps.

Comment

Based on all those lies in the quote? Do you actually support that sort of condemnation? Based on vicious lies about a decent man?
            Honestly I don't know enough about the man's personal life to say that I believe all that. But I do know of his science which I believe has done immeasurable damage in a number of critical ways.

Comment

See above, Bryan's god of the gaps.
              If thats the case there are on gaps on both sides.

Or should I say "missing." :P

Comment

But I do know of his science
                :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

There is ZERO evidence that man evolved from anything other than another man. If you have evidence to the contrary in the form of transitional fossils would you please share them with the class?
                  http://www.theistic-evolution.com/transitional.html

There's also plenty of living animals with transitional features. For example, vestigial limbs on snakes...

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section2.html

Comment

But I do know of his science
                    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
                    You think I've studied it like just like you have?

It seems that neither of us believe everything we read. :wink:

Comment

I think it's time for those darned (ugh) 'Darwinists' like Daisy, Pego and myself to pack it in in utterly ignominious defeat. TD has made a True Believer outta me! Persistence in the face of rationality wins the day!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter Brown
                        There is ZERO evidence that man evolved from anything other than another man. If you have evidence to the contrary in the form of transitional fossils would you please share them with the class?

There's also plenty of living animals with transitional features. For example, vestigial limbs on snakes...

To clarify... I don't believe that MAN has evolved, but I'm NOT saying that other animals, insects and plants haven't.

But there is ZERO, and I mean ZERO, NONE, NIL, NULL, ZILCH transitional fossilized evidence to validate ANY theory :roll: that suggest that MANKIND has evolved rom anything.

The missing link is still missing and thats why they call it that.

Other non human animals crossbreed between species and we know that cross pollination, etc occurs in plants. But it doesnt take a "Darwin" to figure out that a donkey and horse make a mule. :roll: Well, I guess it did for y'all.
                        A repost from earlier in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                          IPersistence in the face of rationality wins the day!
                          And its to your credit that you didnt give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                            I think it's time for those darned (ugh) 'Darwinists' like Daisy, Pego and myself to pack it in in utterly ignominious defeat. TD has made a True Believer outta me! Persistence in the face of rationality wins the day!
                            I am surprised you guys even bother. There are people for whom evidence is irrelevant. I remember Martin Gardner talking about Oral Roberts and amusingly imagining discussing evolution point by point with OR and suddenly OR cries 'Oh I see it now!'

It ain't going to happen. For some ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                              For some ignorance is bliss.
                              Yes, indeed. I'm happy living in 2009; others seem to prefer an earlier era, say, 1509.

Comment

Honestly I don't know enough about the man's personal life to say that I believe all that. But I do know of his science which I believe has done immeasurable damage in a number of critical ways.
                                And no wrongs have EVER been done in the name of a god or a religion?

Lonewolf, I do respect you. Trackdaddy............ I am biting my tongue on this one by not saying much,

yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X