Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the greatest tennis shot ever?

Go to YouTube and search Federer.

The look on both his face and Djokovic's is equally priceless.

Federer should know - he's been on the receiving end of one of those shots at the Open.

Search Santoro + between the legs(youtube).
    There are no strings on me

Comment

Yes, I couldn't believe this when I saw it. The context - The US Open, makes it even more impressive. He's not just jacking around, but sincerely trying to win. Amazing.
      You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Wow! Those through-the-legs shots are fairly common, used for chasing down lobs, but to hit a sharp passing shot winner like that is awesome.

Comment

Sabattini used to do it so much Mary Carrillo started calling it the Sabatweenie.

Fed has another ridiculous shot. It was a backhand overhead as he was going backwards for a winner.

Comment

A close second in the shot of the day was Woods third shot from about 200 yards from behind a tree on the 600 yard par 5 9th hole yesterday. Up and down for a birdie.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
              A close second in the shot of the day was Woods third shot from about 200 yards from behind a tree on the 600 yard par 5 9th hole yesterday. Up and down for a birdie.
              LOL...Tiger is always trying to out do his buddy Roger, maybe Tigers shot was #1
              on the road

Comment

Federer has his hands full today with Juan Martin del Potro. Federer appears beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 cents
                  Federer has his hands full today with Juan Martin del Potro. Federer appears beatable.

Yep, and he just let an s-bomb fly on the umpire. He's rattled.

Comment

and he just let an s-bomb fly on the umpire.
                    Fine him!!

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Or not . . . and if anything, that late challenge has totally focused him on playing even tougher.

later . . . now I AM worried.
                      del Potro is playing to win; Federer is playing not to lose!

later still . . . is del Potro running out of gas?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Or not . . . and if anything, that late challenge has totally focused him on playing even tougher.

Saving for future reference.....

:P

Comment

Yeah . . .regardless of the outcome, del Potro is coming himslef with glory here. Still only 20 years old??!! :shock:

AWESOME match! They ended up like 2 heavyweights slugging it out for 15rounds!

Comment

Never heard of Del Potro until this tournament. I wonder when the last time was an Argentinian won a major on hard court? Probably never. I think when Vilas won the US Open it was at Forest Hills, which I believe was clay surface. When Vilas won the Australian, I don't think it was hard court, either.

But Del Potro, coming from Argentina, must have a lot of clay court experience. I wonder how his 6-6 frame and skills will play on that surface?

Might we have in our midst yet another tennis GOAT?

Comment

Juaaaaan Martiiiiiiiin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!

what a big upset!!!!

:wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X