This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child-Raping Murderer Might Evade the Death Penalty

This guy has been on death row for 25 years and could possibly avoid his death sentence.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/215924?GT1=43002

The scum-sucking lawyer (defending a man who raped and killed a 14-year-old girl) thinks having to be pricked by a needle 18 times is a form of torture.

While I might not write as passionately about this as you, I also find it a bizarre commentary on the state of things in this country. IF we have and are going to impose the death penalty, it shouldn't take 25 years, and getting IV access should not be a roadblock. You teach someone who is willing to do it how to 1. start a peripheral IV (in the arm) and 2. how to insert a femoral line, in the femoral vein in the groin, in case a guy has terrible peripheral access like this one. Case closed. No court challenges on the grounds of cruel and unusual punishment....what hogwash.

Comment

Hearing date set today for November 30.
      There are no strings on me

Comment

Or just give him a .45 caliber injection in his major organ. Costs less than a buck, and is pretty instantaneous.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
          Or just give him a .45 caliber injection in his major organ. Costs less than a buck, and is pretty instantaneous.
          I agree.

Cleanup might cost a few bucks but it would be offset by the savings you mentioned.

The cruel and unusual punishment thingy needs to be rescinded. But I also believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" isn't sufficient for death sentences. I would prefer the evidence show zero doubt in these situations. We've seen through the Innocence Project that many people are wrongly convicted. This doubt should be removed (using DNA, etc) before sentencing anyone to death, IMO.
          The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
            While I might not write as passionately about this as you, I also find it a bizarre commentary on the state of things in this country. IF we have and are going to impose the death penalty, it shouldn't take 25 years, and getting IV access should not be a roadblock. You teach someone who is willing to do it how to 1. start a peripheral IV (in the arm) and 2. how to insert a femoral line, in the femoral vein in the groin, in case a guy has terrible peripheral access like this one. Case closed. No court challenges on the grounds of cruel and unusual punishment....what hogwash.
            I agree...what was cruel & unusual punishment was the ordeal the girl had to go through with this monster. Not to mention the ordeal her family is going by being remind'd this monster is still alive enjoying three hots & a cot.

Comment

Re: Child-Raping Murderer Might Evade the Death Penalty

Originally posted by STL_Runner
              This guy has been on death row for 25 years and could possibly avoid his death sentence.

The scum-sucking lawyer (defending a man who raped and killed a 14-year-old girl) thinks having to be pricked by a needle 18 times is a form of torture.
              The lawyer is supposed to be his client's advocate. Blame the law here, if you wish, instead of calling the lawyer names. He is doing his job, no matter how revolting his client might be.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                But I also believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" isn't sufficient for death sentences. I would prefer the evidence show zero doubt in these situations. .
                I totally agree Dad. If your gonna put someone to death it should read beyond ANY doubt.
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego

The lawyer is supposed to be his client's advocate. Blame the law here, if you wish, instead of calling the lawyer names. He is doing his job, no matter how revolting his client might be.
                  OK and who is paying this lawyer? That might not even be the point. Pay me anything you want - I'm not defending this scum or trivializing the pain he put his victim through by stating that being pricked by a needle is torture. I stand by my statement about him.

Comment

OK and who is paying this lawyer? That might not even be the point. Pay me anything you want - I'm not defending this scum or trivializing the pain he put his victim through by stating that being pricked by a needle is torture. I stand by my statement about him.
                    I feel your pain. The 14 year old victim went thru a hell that is not imaginable and people are worried about the monster getting a needle? That is insane BUT our system allows for EVERYONE to have the best defense(they can afford).

Could i defend a monster? No! But I look at it as other jobs i could not do but someone has to do them. Proctologist comes to mind.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      I feel your pain. The 14 year old victim went thru a hell that is not imaginable and people are worried about the monster getting a needle? That is insane BUT our system allows for EVERYONE to have the best defense(they can afford).

Could i defend a monster? No! But I look at it as other jobs i could not do but someone has to do them. Proctologist comes to mind.

I agree with Squack. Since I don't see our justice system collapsing in the near future, I accept that SOMEONE has to defend this monster. Sure, I'd like to think that the lawyer (and most defense attorneys) have moral crises on a daily basis, but at the end of the day they have a job to do. Blame the system.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonHurdler
                        Blame the system.
                        I dont blame the system. All you have to do is imagine they are trying to put away the wrong guy.
                        phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          The cruel and unusual punishment thingy needs to be rescinded. But I also believe "beyond a reasonable doubt" isn't sufficient for death sentences. I would prefer the evidence show zero doubt in these situations. We've seen through the Innocence Project that many people are wrongly convicted. This doubt should be removed (using DNA, etc) before sentencing anyone to death, IMO.
                          I agree with this. Although I don't know the evidence they have against him in this particular case, I assume they would be fighting for his innocence still instead of piddling about needles if they thought this guy didn't do it. There are plenty of cases with zero doubt (OJ Simpson killing his wife comes to mind) and these people should be out of here ASAP so the taxpayers don't have to spend any more pennies on them.

Comment

I agree with TD on the death penalty. I'm for it on cases with 100% certainty.

Noone who does anything like that to a child should live very long in this world.
                            You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I'm against the government committing cold-blooded murder

Comment

Working...
                              X