Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silva
    replied
    I say Thompson's because he ran 9.69. :-)

They're both growing up in TX which means the gridiron will reap the benefits of that family's speed for sure!

Leave a comment:

• scottmitchell74
    replied
    Sad story.

I wouldn't weep for Montgomery though, he knew what he was doing.

Cautionary....that's correct. Hopefully others can take something from this.

On a side note of interest to me is which of Marion Jones' sons will be faster;

Montgomery's

Thompson's

Given the same training and interest.

Leave a comment:

• JRM
    replied
    To conform to the forum's current posting paradigm, let's change the title to "Can Bolt be the Fastest Man in the Prison Yard?", and hypothesize what his time would be if he was arrested and had to race Tim Montgomery. (Then Pelpa can ponder how much his potential corporate worth in China would change.)

I've got the wind conditions covered. If the prison is Supermax, there'll be altitude assistance!

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    That is a very, very sad story. A cautionary tale for kids who think they need a fast-track (npi) to the top.

Leave a comment:

• TrackDaddy
    started a topic The Fastest Man in the Prison Yard

The Fastest Man in the Prison Yard

"In here, people say, 'Oh, we haven't really heard of you.' Then it's, 'You had the world record? OK, now we know.' That means something."

The World's Fastest Man has morphed into the fastest man in the prison yard. He is unbeaten there at every distance from 40 to 100 meters. He says he heads up a training group of about 15 inmates who work out regularly on the grass football and soccer fields.

"You're in here with testosterone levels higher than ever," he says. "They say, 'You might be fast, but not without that juice [steroids].' I say, 'OK, tell me how far you want to go.' I can say this: I haven't lost yet. I have an inner challenge. If you want to fight, I'm gonna fight back.

"In here, it is all about satisfaction and respect. Running has always been an outlet in my life. Since I've been here, my spirits have been low from time to time. I turn to the Bible a lot, and running. When you first get here, it is a respect thing. You know, 'Tim Montgomery is here.' Now, every time some new [inmate] gets off the bus, it's 'Can you run? You fast?'"

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandf ... id=4487014
Working...
X