Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle of the Generations: 16 year old vs 47 year old

Some of you may have heard about this already:

Back in June I was challenged by a 16 year old javelin thrower in the UK to a throwing competition - one catch though - we did not throw javelins.

In the UK right now there is a series called the McCain Track and Field Show that turns the spot light on some young up and coming athletes. Sixteen year old Matti Mortimore is one of them. He and the producers of the show thought they would have some fun and show off there young talent.
    The challenge, which I accepted, was a head to head competition throwing snooker cues, wellies, fish, water balloons, Guinness book of records, records and of course a kitchen sink.
    The venue was on a airport runway in Buckinghamshire, England.
    It was the funniest thing I have ever done - so far - so who do you think won: The 47 year old or the 16 year old?
    :?:

The TV clip from the competition aired on Sunday in the UK and is now up on YouTube:

Battle of the Generations:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78OPnVweKeg

A 47 year-old former international javelin thrower versus a 16 year-old, throwing things which benefit from having a good javelin technique (e.g. snooker cues) and / or superior strength...??

No contest.

I haven't watched the video, but I wouldn't expect the kid to stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      I haven't watched the video, but I wouldn't expect the kid to stand a chance.
      You'd be right.

Actually, its worth watching the video just to see Roald chucking the vinyl records.

Comment

Am I incorrect in an observation that Mr. Bradstock might be full of himself?

Comment

Originally posted by ranunculus
          Am I incorrect in an observation that Mr. Bradstock might be full of himself?
          Marketing?

Comment

Um...on the book and javelin throws, you fouled and crossed the line.

Also, the kid gets points for his outfit and you are sentenced to a series of public lashings for yours.
            The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Roald--

Come back to Penn Relays some year. You can practice on our javelin field (new since your wins in '84 and '85) by throwing dirt clods, walnuts and goose droppings.

Comment

Also, the kid gets points for his outfit and you are sentenced to a series of public lashings for yours.[/quote]

hmm....not sure how to respond to that - seems a wee bit extreme don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by roald62
                  Also, the kid gets points for his outfit and you are sentenced to a series of public lashings for yours.
                  hmm....not sure how to respond to that - seems a wee bit extreme don't you think?
                  [/quote]

:-)

Maybe we'll reduce your sentence to watching 5 consecutive episodes of the sports version of "What Not To Wear."

Anyway as someone who will be 47 next month and whose rotators ache non-stop, kudos to you. Very impressive and entertaining.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Maybe we'll reduce your sentence to watching 5 consecutive episodes of the sports version of "What Not To Wear."

Good one.

Everyones a comedian......... :roll:

Comment

Working...
                    X