Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing my first

international hockey game tomorrow night! GAME not TEAM for you perverts! :wink:

Canada versus the US women's Olympic hockey!

I am VERY excited. I picture a rink filled with lots of young girls getting the opportunity to watch top female athletes compete in our national sport.I admit right now that I may cry....my DH is so used to this he doesn't bat an eye. :-)

I also picture Canada getting revenge for all the losses they have had against the US lately.

Got my CANADA sweat top, toque and mittens out and ready to go.

Aren't y'all excited for me?

(I will file a report after!).

Re: Doing my first

Originally posted by mojo
    Got my CANADA sweat top, toque and mittens out and ready to go.
    Don't forget yer double-double and Timbits, eh!

Have fun! Go Canada!

Comment

If I were any more excited, I'd . . . oh, never mind. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
        If I were any more excited, I'd . . . oh, never mind. :-)

That's what Depends are for my friend.

Oh yeah gonna get me a Timmies (one and one for me) and listen to some Hip on the way.

Comment

Sounds like such fun, mojo !
          Don't forget to take Stomping Tom CD, and crank up "The Good Old Hockey Game". Actually, I'm sure it will be on the PA at the Arena, several times.

Comment

I have only been two two hockey games of any kind so I feel like a little kid. ops:

Gotta learn all the lyrics to the hockey anthem:

Hello out there we're on the air it's hockey night tonite
            Tension grows the whistle blows-& the puck goes down the ice.
            The goalie jumps and the players bump and the fans all go insane
            Someone roars "Bobby scores!" at the good ole hockey game
            Chorus:
            Oh the good ole hockey game is the best game you can name
            And the best game you can name is the good ole hockey game
            2nd period:
            Where players dash with skates aflash the home team trails behind
            But they grab the puck and go bursting up and they're down across the line
            They storm the crease like bumble bees they travel like a burning flame
            We see them slide the puck inside -It's a "1-1" hockey game!
            Chorus:
            3rd period: last game in the playoffs, too...
            Oh take me where the hockey players face off down the rink-
            And the Stanley Cup is all filled up for the chaps who win the drink-
            Now the final flick of the hockey stick and a one gigantic scream-
            The puck is in! The home team wins! The good ole hockey game!

But I will sub in "Haley scores"!

Comment

That's a beauty, eh ! Enjoy, I am envious...
              I hope it's a sellout.
              Now over to my CD player, and get in the mood with STC.

Comment

I have only been two two hockey games of any kind
                What kind of Canadian are you, eh? :-)

Heck, I've been to many more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                  I have only been two two hockey games of any kind
                  What kind of Canadian are you, eh? :-)

Heck, I've been to many more than that.

I know; it is shameful.

Never had the money to go to a pro game when I lived in a city with a team and never had any friends who played etc.

I went to a game in the small interior town we lived in and was so shocked by the brutality of the fighting I couldn't wait to get out of the arena.

I finally went to a game a couple of years ago to watch a boy I coached. It was not very interesting so I never went back.

I really only like international hockey anyway . I transform into this rabid fan which leaves people who know me shaking their heads.

If we don't get to the gold medal games at the O's I will be a real mess.

Pathetic really. ops:

Comment

Not sure if this would fly in the US but a new show airs here tonight called "Battle of the Blades". I don't know too much aboot it but it is like Dancing with the Stars-in this case a figure skater is paired up with a retired hockey player and they do a routine together for a score.

It should be a hit up here.

Comment

Your enthusiasm is heartwarming and envious mojo. When I lived in Calgary, I tried to like hockey. I dutifully went to several games with friends and business associates. I tried to watch it on TV but the only way I could tell someone scored was when one team skated around jubilantely with hockey sticks upraised.
                      Hockey, like soccer, is one of those games that I did not play it in my youth and If I don't have a relative playing or some emotional involvement, I just don't care.

Comment

I've never much enjoyed hockey on tv, but at one time it was my second favorite spectator sport live.

Comment

The game was fantastic and more than lived up to my expectattions.

I agree that hockey on TV is not so great (unless it is Olympic or World Champs) but live it is thrilling.

From the songs (The Good Old Hockey Game was the very first song), to the chants and hooting and hollering-the whole thing had an energy that was exhilarating to be a part of. Even DH got into the spirit of things!

I was very impressed by the speed of the women's game;I expected the play to be slower than it was. Yes they lack the strength and skills of the guys but the game was quite physical and very hard fought.
                          The arena was packed-over 5,000 fans and the noise was deafening at times. You can definitely feel Olymic fever starting to build in our province.

Canada won 3-1 so I must be their good luck charm and should be given tickets from the team for the Olympics.

I have almost lost my voice too. :-)

Anyway a great evening of sport and patriotism-I liked it!

Forgot to say- a big scuffle broke out with three seconds left in the game and punches were flying. Not sure what caused it but everyone said it was an American player who droipped her gloves so that must be true.
                          Fighting is very rare in women's hockey but I have to say it was rather entertaining and the crowd appreciated it.

Comment

Working...
                          X