X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much monkeying around.
    Laugh out loud!

I'm in a position as a white dude that I hear a lot of racist comments at work. My co-workers either didn't know or forgot that my wife is Black and my children are bi-racial. Since my own skin isn't reminding them to keep their comments to themselves, I often hear their true thoughts. It's sort of like being a "fly on a wall".

I used to really get upset, but I've learned that I can't get up in arms every time I hear something racist. If I did I'd be fighting all the time and probably lose my job and/or do jail time. What good would that serve? Instead I subtly remind them in my own way that they are idiots/are saying idiodic things. I then leave them red-faced in embarrasment or anger.

I don't think it will really ever end.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      Originally posted by TrackDaddy
      Just like I, as a black man, shouldn't consider joining in with white people who describe each other that way, .

If we ever hung out i would love it if you cracked on whitey
      , maybe get a few beers in ya first!. To me it would mean that we were totally comfortable with each other.
      Does that mean you wanna call me "n*qq*r?"

LOL

Actually I'm not that sensitive; especially if you pick up the tab. ;-)

Maybe you could call me nappy headed or something like that. It might work better in public. Especially if we opt for soul food...lol
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        I don't find Marlow's story that hard to believe.
        Not once in 16 years?

Is that my beeper going off?

Comment

Just like I, as a black man, shouldn't consider joining in with white people who describe each other that way, .

If we ever hung out i would love it if you cracked on whitey
          , maybe get a few beers in ya first!. To me it would mean that we were totally comfortable with each other.
          Does that mean you wanna call me "n*qq*r?"
          LOL
          Actually I'm not that sensitive; especially if you pick up the tab. ;-)
          Maybe you could call me nappy headed or something like that. It might work better in public. Especially if we opt for soul food...lol
          Yes, i will pickup the tab. After you got to know me you would be comfortable with whatever i would say, except where out of beer!

I dont want to call you the N word because i find the word truely obscene, couldnt do it, even joking around.
          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
            Too much monkeying around.
            Laugh out loud!

I'm in a position as a white dude that I hear a lot of racist comments at work. My co-workers either didn't know or forgot that my wife is Black and my children are bi-racial. Since my own skin isn't reminding them to keep their comments to themselves, I often hear their true thoughts. It's sort of like being a "fly on a wall".

I used to really get upset, but I've learned that I can't get up in arms every time I hear something racist. If I did I'd be fighting all the time and probably lose my job and/or do jail time. What good would that serve? Instead I subtly remind them in my own way that they are idiots/are saying idiodic things. I then leave them red-faced in embarrasment or anger.

I don't think it will really ever end.
            I agree. Many black people say mean things about white folk too when people arent around.

America is an experiment of sorts. A young nation only about 200 years old. In most nations in the world people look alike but here we're a melting pot with obvious differences in appearance.

All things considered we're becoming a success story unlike the world has ever seen. Through biracial unions many of us are slowly becoming one race. The purist dont like it but the number of biracial unions has skyrocketed in the last 40 years.

Comment

Was Vince Lombardi gay? In the closet maybe? I ask because really in that day and age there was probably ZERO activism to protect homosexuals. Unless maybe someone had a personal interest. I'm not suggesting anything, just asking.
              You don't have to be gay to defend them and stand up for them. Some people are ahead of their time.

And what's a religious bigot? Someone who criticize and make derogatory remarks about people for who and what they believe in and worship?

No way that ever happens.
              I don't know if you're joking or not, but I sure hope so. Nearly ever time a thread about religion pops up on here there are always religious people acting like they're victims of harassment and discrimination.

And really you should stop comparing being a slave or being a minority to being homosexual. Is being gay a gender or a race? No.
              No idea what your point is on this one. There are all different types of discrimination.

Is it easily identifiable so that one could be discriminated against based on the way they look or change their appearance to prevent it? No.
              Really? I guess it's not as easy to spot and may be easier to hide, but a lot of the time it's not hard to figure out.

Sure people have unfortunately been harmed or killed for being suspected of gay activity, but where was a slave trade instituted and exacted based on homosexuality? What about a mass genocide like jews, indians and blacks suffered? Did they suffer Jim Crow? Segregated schools? Denied the right to vote?

Just stop it.
              Apparently you aren't aware of the extreme amount of discrimination towards gays in other countries around the world.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be locked very soon.

Comment

Yes, i will pickup the tab. After you got to know me you would be comfortable with whatever i would say, except where out of beer!

I dont want to call you the N word because i find the word truely obscene, couldnt do it, even joking around.
                I believe its pretty clear to most of the people who post here that you're a great guy. A very good person, even if confused on a few topics. ;-)

Trust me, it would be my pleasure to pick up the tab.

Comment

Through biracial unions many of us are slowly becoming one race. The purist dont like it but the number of biracial unions has skyrocketed in the last 40 years.
                  Doing my part

http://tinyurl.com/yeeswtq
                  There are no strings on me

Comment

Was Vince Lombardi gay? In the closet maybe? I ask because really in that day and age there was probably ZERO activism to protect homosexuals. Unless maybe someone had a personal interest. I'm not suggesting anything, just asking.
                    Lombardi was not an activist. He was just a person of such character and moral courage, that he didn't tolerate bigotry. It was MLK who said that one day we will all have to repent not only for the evil deeds of the bad people, but also for the appalling silence of the good people. Unlike most of us, Lombardi didn't maintain his silence when he saw something wrong. And FYI, his brother was gay.

And what's a religious bigot? Someone who criticize and make derogatory remarks about people for who and what they believe in and worship?

No way that ever happens.
                    Let's not go there, TD.

And really you should stop comparing being a slave or being a minority to being homosexual. Is being gay a gender or a race? No. Is it easily identifiable so that one could be discriminated against based on the way they look or change their appearance to prevent it? No. Sure people have unfortunately been harmed or killed for being suspected of gay activity, but where was a slave trade instituted and exacted based homosexuality? What about a mass genocide like jews, indians and blacks suffered? Did they suffer Jim Crow? Segregated schools? Denied the right to vote?
                    I did not compare gays with Blacks, and I don't see how you could read my post and think that I did. Furthermore, on another thread I pointed out that being Black is unique in that unlike, gays who can pass for straight and Jews who can pass for Gentile, we can't pass for White. And because gays can pass, it has been a lot harder to systematically persecute them as it was with Blacks. What I'm saying is that I recognize them as a minority group that has been historically discriminated against. And make no mistake TD, societies throughout history have conducted witchhunts for gays. Even the Nazis did it, and Hitler sent more than a few gays and suspected gays to the gas chambers. But what you seem to be saying is that since gays haven't endured the same magnitude of persecution as Blacks, that it's okay to disparage and ridicule them.

Was your girlfriend white?
                    No, TD, she was Black and proud and an HBCU graduate (Xavier) and a Delta. And just in case you're curious, I went to Morehouse, both of my parents went to Southern, all of my uncle and aunts went to either Southern or Grambling. I also attended a 100% Black parochial high school in New Orleans called St. Augustine. Any more questions?

Comment

I don't find Marlow's story that hard to believe.
                      Not once in 16 years?
                      Is that my beeper going off?
                      I KNOW you don't MEAN to call me a liar, but you'll just have to trust me that I'd remember it if it happened, and you also KNOW that I would have ZERO problem relating the incident here!

Speaking of kids knowing better, when my daughter was 8, my father-in-law used the n-word in front of her and she told him she had better NEVER hear that word coming out of his mouth again, and I never heard him use it again.

Comment

Among the things he said was the "N" word and he said something about you dont want to give a brother his 15 min. break at work cause he'lll be gone, followed by huge laughs. What's going on?
                        May I answer this?

My son had a teacher who once asked me why is it okay for black people to call each other the "n" word, but they get upset when white people do it.

I explained it this way...

Black people use the "N" word toward each other JUST LIKE white people call each other white trash, red neck, etc. Really, its no different in many cases.

Just like I, as a black man, shouldn't consider joining in with white people who describe each other that way, its probably not a good idea for a white person to use the "n" word toward blacks.

This seems to confuse a lot of white folk but I've never understood why.

As for the rest of the comic act, well, its just like any other comic act where stereotypoes are exaggerated in the name of comedy. Just like white comedians do with "you know you're a redneck when..." and Larry the Cable guy etc. tell joke after joke about people of his own race.
                        TD, for once we agree. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

STL

1. If someone stood up for gays in 1959 they would probably be accused of being gay. Jokers werent just in the closet, the light was turned off too.

2. You say really insentive and derogatory things about religious people all the time. YOU. And apparently its okay. If someone were to say something similarly derogatory about a gay person, your panties would need de-wadding.

3. My point was clear.

4. Actually more often than not its probably very diffcult to figure out.

5. My comments clearly referred to the U.S.

6. Why do people make those "thread getting locked" comments all the time regarding the most interesting and enlightening threads? If you want it locked just pm him. But making those cheesy type comments is plain squirrely.

Comment

TD, for once we agree.
                            And the other times, you were wrong. *big grin*

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                              Through biracial unions many of us are slowly becoming one race. The purist dont like it but the number of biracial unions has skyrocketed in the last 40 years.
                              Doing my part

Y'all make a lovely couple. Lovely, guru. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                                Doing my part

But guru, ya gotta be making babies, lots of em! Now get cracking.

I would love it if we were all one color then we could hate people for good reasons, like they hate track!
                                phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                                X