Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as our descent back into the Middle Ages continues

more than a third of parents don't want their kids to have Swine Flu shots! Way to increase the chances of a real epidemic, folks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091007/ap_ ... cine_fears

There are, of course, dangers and side effects with any vaccination (some people even die of the very disease for which they've been inoculated), but yes, over the whole population of the USA, we'd be much better off if everyone who should get one, does get one.

Comment

I'll take my chances, dont trust some big agency sticking some crap in me, just dont.

I'd like to see where everyone comes down on this.
      phsstt!

Comment

Unless I had a child with a medical condition that put them at greater risk I would never have them get "routine" seasonal flu vaccinations. Immune systems are depressed by vaccines, and especially for a developing child this could have long term ramifications when defending against diseases like cancer.
        There are no strings on me

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          So the vote currently sits at

2 - Enlightened
          2 - Neanderthal

so much for evolution!! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
            So the vote currently sits at

2 - Enlightened
            2 - Neanderthal

Dont take this personally but i hope you take the shit and end up in the hospital...wheres that smiley face when you need it!
            phsstt!

Comment

You wouldn't want to be the person born after several generations of ancestors who were vaccinated for every bug that came along. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                You wouldn't want to be the person born after several generations of ancestors who were vaccinated for every bug that came along. Trust me.
                Pego, smack him!!

There's plenty of pathogens to go around, and the reason snot-nosed kids are so snotty is because there are so many things we can't or don't prevent. Things like mumps, measles, and even flu do NOT need to be experienced if we can prevent them.

Where you ARE correct is the alarming increase in allergies. I do think that comes from not exposing ourselves to the environment more as a child.

Comment

Can I get an anti-asteroid shot? Thats the baby that will do us all in. I get my flu shot next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rye Catcher
                    Can I get an anti-asteroid shot? Thats the baby that will do us all in.

Good news for you.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33212609/ns ... nce-space/

Comment

I'll take my chances, dont trust some big agency sticking some crap in me, just dont.
                      Nor do I. But I do trust my personal physician, and if he recommends sticking something in me, I'm going to trust him, as I always have. He'll be the one doing the sticking, not "some big agency."

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                        There's plenty of pathogens to go around, and the reason snot-nosed kids are so snotty is because there are so many things we can't or don't prevent. Things like mumps, measles, and even flu do NOT need to be experienced if we can prevent them.

Just googled this up for you.

http://www.mercola.com/article/vaccines ... ession.htm

Comment

I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. The mentality is that there is no need for them to be immunized because everyone else will.

Me. I'm old enough to have been in the first generation to get polio shots. It was a common thing in the 1950's to know people in "iron lungs" (youngeer posters won't know what the hell I'm referring to, lucky for them). When reminders of the reasons for vaccinations disappear then it is easy to discount the need for them.

Comment

[quote="jhc68"]I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. quote]

Ok, i'd rather be a neanderthal than a parasite. You all know why the neanderthals died out, right? They refused to get vaccines!
                            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                              I don't think anti-vaccine people are neanderthals. They are parasites playing the odds. The mentality is that there is no need for them to be immunized because everyone else will.
                              Wrong. My mentality is taking vaccines on a regular basis does much more harm than good. Like any body process, the immune system needs to be used or it will grow weaker.

Me. I'm old enough to have been in the first generation to get polio shots. It was a common thing in the 1950's to know people in "iron lungs" (youngeer posters won't know what the hell I'm referring to, lucky for them). When reminders of the reasons for vaccinations disappear then it is easy to discount the need for them.

Obviously there is a difference between getting immunized against a life-altering, or life threatening, disease like polio(which I support), and taking a yearly flu shot(s).

Comment

Working...
                              X