Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Can we make fun of all the obese people that eat themselves to death each year?
    Go right ahead if you have proof that's what actually killed them. Are you talking about cases like Mama Cass?

Comment

• Originally posted by gm View Post

Go right ahead if you have proof that's what actually killed them. Are you talking about cases like Mama Cass?
      I'm talking about the very well known fact that obesity is a massive killer of 100's of thousands every year via heart disease, stroke, diabetes and related problems. Also, it's one of the most well known comorbidities with covid deaths.

You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
        Can we make fun of all the obese people that eat themselves to death each year?
        In general, no.

But feel free to ridicule the subset who went on the radio, TV, social media, or held rallies to promote overeating and disparage the doctors who warned of the dangers of obesity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

It's almost like the virus has an intelligence that finds and attacks people who publicly trivialize it.
          He was a big fan of that horse worm medicine...very smart!! Now 4 kids will be without their father!! (I will refrain from commenting as to whether or not they just might be better off)...no kid should lose their parent!

Comment

In general, no.

But feel free to ridicule the subset who went on the radio, TV, social media, or held rallies to promote overeating and disparage the doctors who warned of the dangers of obesity.
            I criticize them to hell but I don't make fun of them. Eating disorders are a serious illness but most of morbidly obese people just like to eat junk and don't really care if they are FAT!!

Comment

In general, no.

Exactly.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Why would you find pleasure in making fun of anybody? I don't get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                  Why would you find pleasure in making fun of anybody? I don't get it.
                  Is that a trick question?
                  As I told my students and athletes for 30 years, "I only got into this business to make fun of your ignorance and ineptitude!"
                  Worked for me.

[Conversely, they took lots of good shots at me!]

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinR View Post
                    Why would you find pleasure in making fun of anybody? I don't get it.
                    My basic point in reaction to a common theme in this thread.
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

• good news on the malaria front...

WHO recommends widespread use of world's first malaria vaccine for children

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/healt...Most+Recent%29

Comment

• Originally posted by gh View Post
                        good news on the malaria front...
                        WHO recommends widespread use of world's first malaria vaccine for children
                        https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/healt...Most+Recent%29
                        Good news but not great news - the vaccine is apparently only fairly successful - about like the flu vaccines, and nowhere close to as good as COVID. But it is a start for a major world health problem.

Comment

• A more effective malaria vaccine is in the pipeline.

Malaria vaccine hailed as potential breakthrough

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-56858158

Comment

Working...
                          X