Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty Python

The Independent Film Channel(IFC) will air a 6-hour documentary, "Monty Python-Almost the Truth--The Lawyer's Cut", from October 18-23(1 hour per night--9pm/ET).

http://tinyurl.com/y8kcg2l

Sorry, it's something completely different. It's their show at the Hollywood Bowl)on IFC)

I bought the full collection of DVDs and show some snippets to my classes every now and then. The 'Spanish Inquisition' and 'Minister of Silly Walks' crack me up every time!

Comment

Olympics...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?cli ... A4QqwQwAA#

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
        I bought the full collection of DVDs and show some snippets to my classes every now and then. The 'Spanish Inquisition' and 'Minister of Silly Walks' crack me up every time!
        Consistent with my preference for print media, I own the complete scripts in book form. Obviously, though, I wouldn't have bought the books if I hadn't seen the stuff originally on tv. (I find the books easier to use for reference when I want to quote an exact line or scene.)

Comment

Must record the cheese shop and the dead parrot.
          phsstt!

Comment

Philospher's World Cup, the Argument Clinic, and the Lumberjack Song.

Comment

It's spelled Raymond Luxury Yacht, but it's pronounced "Throat Warbler Mangrove."

Comment

This past Monday was the 40th anniversary of the first airing of the Dead Parrot sketch. NPR had a story on the Python phenomenon. In Canada, British sketch comedy was/is quite mainstream. It didn't translate as well to the US audiences, I think.

Confession: I once memorized the world's funniest joke (translated in German, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                  The Argument Clinic, definitely!

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                    Oh god yes!

I came here for an argument!

No you didnt!
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                      This past Monday was the 40th anniversary of the first airing of the Dead Parrot sketch. NPR had a story on the Python phenomenon. In Canada, British sketch comedy was/is quite mainstream. It didn't translate as well to the US audiences, I think.

Confession: I once memorized the world's funniest joke (translated in German, of course).
                      My dog broke his nose

Oh, how does he smell?

Aweful
                      phsstt!

Comment

the Argumentation bit is easily my favorite bit of Pythonia; nothing else is remotely close for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          the Argumentation bit is easily my favorite bit of Pythonia; nothing else is remotely close for me.
                          No its not!
                          phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                            In Canada, British sketch comedy was/is quite mainstream. It didn't translate as well to the US audiences, I think.
                            Apparently you haven't spent enough time around America's nerdy teenage boys. We liked it just fine, thank you, and the present generation still does.

When I was 14, Dr. Graham Chapman had a lecture tour stop at the University of Toledo. His first statement was "For the next 60 seconds I'd like you to verbally abuse me. Come on, be as nasty as you like!" And after the minute was up, he said "Thank you. That will save a lot of time later." His stuff included films of the Dangerous Sports Club, the people who invented bungee jumping and surrealist skiing.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                              Originally posted by gh
                              No its not!
                              yes it is!

IFC has been running a preview of the documentary this week

Comment

Working...
                              X