Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rush Limbaugh wants to buy the St. Louis Rams, . . .

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Limbaugh wants to buy the St. Louis Rams, . . .

but the NFL Players Association is opposed to him being an NFL owner.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4551010

Limbaugh needs a league of his own. Or, maybe he should buy the Raiders instead.

Comment

What are the Rams goin for these days? They have lost their last 15 games? A paperboy could afford to buy them.
      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        What are the Rams goin for these days? They have lost their last 15 games? A paperboy could afford to buy them.
        Imagine a bidding war between buying the Lions or the Rams.

Do I have $1,000,000 . . . yes!

Do I hear $750,000?

Comment

Voices of dissent are being heard:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

Comment

It would be CRIMINAL to let someone with his background near those hallowed halls, where men of honor and integrity have plied their wares throughout the years.

It would be an insult to the pristine memories of Lance Rentzel, Rae Carruth, Mark Chmura, Lawrence Taylor, Bill Romanowski...

Comment

Originally posted by gm
              It would be CRIMINAL to let someone with his background near those hallowed halls, where men of honor and integrity have plied their wares throughout the years.

It would be an insult to the pristine memories of Lance Rentzel, Rae Carruth, Mark Chmura, Lawrence Taylor, Bill Romanowski...
              Rae Carruth is a bad example, since he never set foot in an NFL locker room after he committed his crimes, and he'll be long past his playing days when he gets out of prison. As for the others, I doubt that they would be accepted in Roger Goodell's NFL. They played in era when the attitude was "boys will be boys". I'm not sure that Paul Hornung and Alex Karras would even be accepted in the league today.

And though it's a different sport, MLB did set a precedent for professional sports franchise owners having to pass the same character tests as the players when they took the Cincinnati Reds away from Marge Schott, and Limbaugh makes her look like Mother Theresa.

Stephen A. Smith made a good point yesterday about all the players coming out and making defiant statements about what they'll do if the NFL lets Limbaugh buy the Rams. They'd have you think that they're Curt Flood, Muhammad Ali, Tommie Smith and Jon Carlos all rolled up into one, but few if any would actually walk the walk if playing for Limbaugh was the only way they could stay in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by gm

I don't recall any of these owning a team.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

No fan of Limbaugh here but I couldn't care less if he owns an NFL team or not (as long as it isn't the Niners!)

Comment

I think he is just awful, but he has a right to own a team if he wants to. But fairly or otherwise, it would cause a lot of problems, particularly with African American players.

Comment

Nowhere did I mention anything about them being owners.

But I knew that would be the reaction from exactly the folks who provided it

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        I think he is just awful, but he has a right to own a team if he wants to.
                        A RIGHT? Owning an NFL team isn't a right just like playing in the NFL isn't one? It's a privilege, and the NFL owners along with the commissioner get to decide who's worthy of that privilege.

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        But fairly or otherwise, it would cause a lot of problems, particularly with African American players.
                        Now that's the understatement of the year. My Dad has a theory that Limbaugh knows he'll never be allowed to buy a team and will use his rejection as further proof to dittoheads that White men are an oppressed minority.

Comment

Word has it that Rush doesn't have that many owners in his corner. Looks like this is going to be a resounding no!

Comment

I say let him buy... Al Davis won't last too much longer and the NFL needs at least one ego-maniac paranoic owner.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                              I say let him buy... Al Davis won't last too much longer and the NFL needs at least one ego-maniac paranoic owner.
                              I am pretty sure, there already have been some hypocritical rasists among them.
                              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Working...
                              X