Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psycho or The Exorcist

Both scared the bejeebers outta me! So did Alien.

Re: Psycho or The Exorcist

Originally posted by Marlow
    mmmm.....both are so great ....for myself The Exorcist was scarier, maybe because it was a young girl who became so evil.
    phsstt!

Comment

Psycho.
      "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
      by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

House of Wax...

Comment

Tough call!

Overall atmosphere, maybe "The Exorcist." Sheer story suspense, "Psycho". No doubt.

Plus Psycho has one of the greatest shock scenes of all time, always overshadowed by "The Shower Scene": When the guy checking out the house slowly makes his way up the stairs--and we all know something is going to happen!--and Hitchcock switches to an overhead shot and the slow action is suddenly shattered by the high speed flurry of what happens just as the guy reaches the top step.

That one had the girlfriend bloodying the right bicep---!

Got to see "Psycho" in the early '90's on the big screen at The MacKenzie, an old-movie showing house in Springfield (Eugene). We could request movies and months earlier I suggested "Psycho" for the Halloween weekend. So I guess the fingernail claw marks were my own fault...

Comment

I realize I am seriously, seriously, Mentally Ill, but that scene in the dining area where the Alien burst out of the guy's body...

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
              I realize I am seriously, seriously, Mentally Ill, but that scene in the dining area where the Alien burst out of the guy's body...
              If that scene does NOT get to you, there's something seriously amiss!

That scene messed me up so bad, I can't even look at a late-pregnancy lady without thinking it's about to burst out!!! ;-)

Comment

Triumph of the Will was much scarier.

Comment

Exorcist...especially in the unrated version, when she came down the stairs like a spider!

Comment

When a friend of mine saw this scene he yelled out: "Spare the rod spoil the child" and no-one heard him because they were screaming too loud.

Comment

If that scene does NOT get to you, there's something seriously amiss!

That scene messed me up so bad, I can't even look at a late-pregnancy lady without thinking it's about to burst out!!! ;-)
                      And then they repeated it in Aliens, and we knew what the hell was coming next.....until Ripley woke up.

Comment

In terms of original context, probably Psycho, because I was only in the sixth grade (although The Fly scared me worse that year), and I was a 20-something for Exorcist. Although I do remember dropping my friends off after the latter and running to my car and locking the door!

(I have a track connection for Exorcist: saw it with Marcello Fiasconaro and Jim Bolding, then dropped them off at Al Feuerbach's house.)

Comment

But then Spaceballs spoofed that and now I crack up when I see it in Alien.

Comment

What about Paranormal Activity? Has anyone seen this "movie" yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              In terms of original context, probably Psycho, because I was only in the sixth grade

(although The Fly scared me worse that year),

and I was a 20-something for Exorcist.
                              I was also young when I saw Psycho and REALLY only took baths (no showers!) for 6 months afterward

The Fly with Jeff Goldblum is by far the GROSSEST movie ever, esp. when his body parts start falling off . . . esp. THAT part!!! :-O

After I saw The Exorcist (and Alien), I could not sleep at night for three days, after which I was so exhausted, I slept all day!

I have not seen a movie that has scared me that bad since Alien.

Comment

Working...
                              X