Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6-yr old boy NOT in balloon swept up to 10,000 ft!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-yr old boy NOT in balloon swept up to 10,000 ft!

Frightening story developing!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33330516/ns/us_news-life/

FORT COLLINS. Colo. - A family's runaway experimental balloon aircraft crash-landed in a field Thursday after floating away from home for about two hours, but there was no sign of a 6-year-old boy authorities thought had been inside.

The bizarre scene played out live on television, watched by millions of viewers across the country. The balloon rotated slowly in the wind, tipping precariously at times, during its journey before coming down in a dirt field in neighboring Weld County, more than 40 miles away from where it began its journey.

Obviously not a static link: it now says he was found at home.

Comment

The family sounds nuts and the dad is reported to have some anger management issues. I was listening to local talk radio earlier and Dori Monson called it, said the kid was probably playing around with it, accidentally set it free, and hid because he was scared of his dad's reaction.

The family has been on the TV show Wife Swap twice. Here's a music video the parents put together of the kids: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWJXXgaYBo

Comment

Too bad pops wasn't in it, sailing away to ET fairyland...what a toad.

Comment

My god, what a messed up media world this is. It was the lead story on the CBS evening news!

Comment

"It was a long afternoon for the Heene family, and for the whole nation...."

Spare me. Is there a "vomitting" emoticon?

Comment

I guess if he'd been in the balloon, it could have been called Falcon's Crest...of course, it could still be called that, as this is likely to be the crest of Falcon's fame.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
                "It was a long afternoon for the Heene family, and for the whole nation...."

Spare me. Is there a "vomitting" emoticon?
                "Boy trapped in a balloon" is the new "boy trapped in a well"...

Comment

Ahh, and all afternoon I thought my dog was trying to tell me that Timmie was in a well!

Comment

I'm glad this kid was found safe and sound. However, it all seems like a publicity stunt. The other mom from the wife swap was interviewed on MSNBC and she had some very interesting things to say about the family. Mainly their crazy and out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      Ahh, and all afternoon I thought my dog was trying to tell me that Timmie was in a well!
                      Had to look that one up.

Comment

As Hamlet said, " Something is rotten in Denmark."

Comment

White folk at it again! The father and the kid -- idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                            Superpedant to the rescue!

Marcellus said, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                              Superpedant to the rescue!

Marcellus said, "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."
                              Revisionist History !!! John Kerry said, "something is rotten in the state of Florida."

Comment

Working...
                              X