Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6-yr old boy NOT in balloon swept up to 10,000 ft!

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh
    Ahh, and all afternoon I thought my dog was trying to tell me that Timmie was in a well!
    You can talk to dogs and vice versa?

cman

Comment

Many folks think this was a hoax. However, if this was a hoax, five people would have had to have been in on it. As Susan Smith showed us, it's hard for one person to keep a lie straight, not to mention five, including three kids, who are generally terrible liars. Barney Fife wouldn't have any problem exposing this family if they are lying.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
        Originally posted by gh
        Ahh, and all afternoon I thought my dog was trying to tell me that Timmie was in a well!
        Had to look that one up.
        If you're of an age, every time your dog goes batshit you turn to your mate and say, "Timmie fell in a well!"

(and then you dropkick the mutt across the room)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Originally posted by gh
          Had to look that one up.
          If you're of an age, every time your dog goes batshit you turn to your mate and say, "Timmie fell in a well!"

(and then you dropkick the mutt across the room)
          But, apparently there never was an episode in which he really did fall into a well (or so says wiki).

Comment

But, apparently there never was an episode in which he really did fall into a well (or so says wiki).
            What about trouble at the old mill?

Comment

Criminal charges to be filed. Good.
              "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
              by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

To almost nobody's surprise, the sheriff is now saying criminal charges are expected in this case. This joker father apparently doesn't think before he floats trial balloons. I guess this clown would agree that all publicity is good, except an obituary notice. Well......or as Russell Baker wrote, "Live by publicity, you'll probably die by publicity."

Comment

A hoax:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/18/colora ... index.html

"Charges have not been filed, but authorities expect to recommend felony charges including conspiracy, contributing to the delinquency of a minor and attempting to influence a public servant, Alderden said. They also plan to recommend a charge of filing a false police report, which is a misdemeanor."

Comment

"attempting to influence a public servant"
                    Has a six year max sentence according to the NYT.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                      "attempting to influence a public servant"
                      Has a six year max sentence according to the NYT.
                      What exactly is that about?

Wouldn't all lobbyist be in jail then? :shock:

It seemed pretty obvious that there was no door into that contraption right from the get go.

I bet the mother broke down and told the truth once her crazy husband wasn't around. They got him to go to the police station to pick up his balloon (LOL) and then talked to her.

Comment

Reportedly, the "cupcake" on the bottom contains the batteries and data recording equipment ; accessed thru a side hatch which is latched from the outside. A 37# boy could have crawled inside but it made the whole thing a little implausable although authorites did not know that at the outset.

Comment

In SNL's "Weekend Update" last night, Seth Meyers came on as the 'anchorman' with a picture of the balloon in flight and announced, "A boy hid in a box in his attic. There, isn't that the better way of reporting that 'story'?"

Comment

I pegged him for a loser/liar from the get-go.

Comment

Besides all the legal issues they will face for me it is appalling that TWO parents would coach their children to lie to police.

I suspect this isn't the end of the trouble those kids get in to.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                                Besides all the legal issues they will face for me it is appalling that TWO parents would coach their children to lie to police.

I suspect this isn't the end of the trouble those kids get in to.
                                Especially in Fort Collins which is a nice town. I did my graduate work in mathematics there and taught at CSU.

This whole story is more of a Boulder sort of thing. ;-}

Comment

Working...
                                X