Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balloon dooms Liverpool

I have never seen any thing like it. During the Liverpool-Sunderland game today a large beach ball appeared on the pitch. It ended up in right in front of the Liverpool goal and when a Sunderland player kicked the soccer ball it bounced off the 'balloon' and into the goal for the game's only goal.

And since the balloon was apparently let loose by a Liverpool supporter the BBC was calling it Balloon o.g.. Pretty funny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 308907.stm

And here I thought this would be a story about how the team was trapped in an experimental hot-air contraption over Colorado...

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
      And here I thought this would be a story about how the team was trapped in an experimental hot-air contraption over Colorado...
      The team was hiding in the attic because their coach yelled at them....

Comment

I had no idea this was why we conceded a goal! I thought we just played badly and that's why we lost! (I am a Liverpool fan and live in the city btw, but had to do other things today and only just caught the scores).

I don't give much for the chances of a safe journey home for whoever threw the beach ball onto the pitch ...

It's just not going our way this year at all! :cry:

Comment

Kind of looked like it would have gone in without the beach ball, aka balloon.

Comment

Originally posted by mcgato
            Kind of looked like it would have gone in without the beach ball, aka balloon.
            I watched the game and it took a huge deflection past Reina. I've never seen anything like it...

Ian, my mum was a scouser, so please accept my commiserations on your season so far. Liverpool are probably already done in the Premiership, better start praying they do better in Europe!

Comment

Thanks for the commiserations. At this point Mark, I'd be happy with a top four finish! European qualification and a good run in the Champions League is basically what Benitez is being paid for.

Comment

Beach Ball Ref given holiday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 314819.stm

Comment

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United.

Plenty of beach balls on the pitch today, but all is well at Anfield...for now.

We're still six points behind Chelsea (it's only October). Plenty of work to do in Champions League, too. But an effort like the Reds produced today gives us hope.

That's all we ask.

YNWA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
                    Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United.

Plenty of beach balls on the pitch today, but all is well at Anfield...for now.

We're still six points behind Chelsea (it's only October). Plenty of work to do in Champions League, too. But an effort like the Reds produced today gives us hope.

That's all we ask.

YNWA.
                    Yes, it was a good game. Liverpool looked the best I have seen them this year, even without Gerrard.

And all the beach balls on the pitch were funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                      Yes, it was a good game. Liverpool looked the best I have seen them this year, even without Gerrard.
                      It was very entertaining game, good for Liverpool. Now going to watch the Hammers vs Arsenal, don't have very high expectations though.

...IFBB

Comment

Hammers 2-2 Arsenal.

Let the bubbles fly, Mark!

Comment

Working...
                        X