Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I think that Marlow should be gave a second chance. Above I mayve wrote a post that explains this a lot. Who would he be without a second? Not here for sure.

And that about sums up this whole thread.

Comment

The entire 'second chance' defense is just dumb! Everyone does NOT get a second chance; perfection or prior mistakes has nothing to do with it.

Black sox eight get a 2nd chance to play?
      Pete Rose get a 2nd chance at the hall of fame?
      'point shavers' get a 2nd chance in their sports?

There are many more examples, but they all answer the question in the negative. NO. Everyone does not deserve a chance and society is not duty-bound to provide them, either.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 cents
        What do you mean you're with Marlow on this one? You ARE Marlow...try to be a little more subtle next time...Here you are judging Marion for deception and you're exhibiting the same proclivity for prevarication, although I'd acknowledge it all seems rather trivial....
        You even lost ME here and apparently I am ONE with 7S! What on earth are you talking about?

Comment

Marlow, you KNOW that you and 7-sided are the same person....It is obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
            Speed, just in case you didn't notice that I edited my earlier post. here it is again:
            I'm beginning to think that this topic is hitting too close to home for you, which is why you can't approach the discussion with an open mind. By open mind, I mean the ability to see merit in the argument of others, as well as the ability to see flaws in your own argument. Everyone on this board understands your desire to give convicted PED users a second chance and everyone of us is a sinner. But the problem is that you can't understand why they consider Marion a special case unworthy of forgiveness. Until you're able to see that, debating with you is like debating a drunk person. The beginning and end is your argument is to attack everyone as self-righteous. For the record, I would have no problem with Tim Montgomery giving the same speech to the same kids.
            What's your connection to Marion anyway?
            jazz you again are the master of taking out of context.....because you guys feel Marion is a special, I'm suppose to?

Obviously and I guess not to obvious to you, I'm not the only one who feels Marion deserves to speak to the youth ( those in power who have made the decision)....So you can stop with these I don't understand, be open minded, flaws rhetoric.

Because I'm not influenced by you and the like, is what you're talking about. Just like you have a mind and you conclude what you do, guess what, you guessed it, so do I.

Now maybe you think I was suppose to be a puppet in this thread, now what could have even given you that opinionm is beyond me, certainly not me.

When are you scheduling your interview to voice your disdain about Marion or when will you be at her next speaking engagment to ridicule her or throw eggs at her. You just might want to use your energy in that direction.
            on the road

Comment

Marlow (or is it me), 2 cents reads a lot like one of the two states with 'south' in its name. Just laugh and play along. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-sided
                The entire 'second chance' defense is just dumb! Everyone does NOT get a second chance; perfection or prior mistakes has nothing to do with it.

Black sox eight get a 2nd chance to play?
                Pete Rose get a 2nd chance at the hall of fame?
                'point shavers' get a 2nd chance in their sports?

There are many more examples, but they all answer the question in the negative. NO. Everyone does not deserve a chance and society is not duty-bound to provide them, either.
                You're right in those example, but wrong in the example of Marion....she is speaking to the youth.

Just as easily as you have shown those examples, many can be shown to show 2nd chances. Guess we're back to square one, only thing again, Marion has been afforded the opportunity to move on...yipee!!!!
                on the road

Comment

Marlow (or is it me), 2 cents reads a lot like one of the two states with 'south' in its name. Just laugh and play along. LOL.
                  Oooooh. OK.

Comment

as always, your comprehension forces you to miss the point. Everyone does NOT get a 2nd chance and everyone does not deserve a 2nd chance. The decision - and I feel that it was a poor one - to allow marion to speak is an example of a non-deserving 2nd chance.

Comment

Marlow, I don't really care that you won't acknowledge the truth about you and 7-sided being the same person...but to engage in this deception while judging Marion Jones for hypocrisy, well....

Comment

[quote=2 cents]
                        Originally posted by "7-sided":ubebelb7
                        Marlow, I don't really care that you won't acknowledge the truth about you and 7-sided being the same person...but to engage in this deception while juding Marion Jones for hypocrisy, well....[/quote:ubebelb7]
                        2 cents? Now, that is hypocrisy! And, your 'name' before getting banned? LOL

Comment

I might add Marlow that I noticed after I insinuated yesterday that you and 7-sided are the same person, that you have at least twice posted almost simultaneously as your "friend." This does not fool me....

Comment

as always, your comprehension forces you to miss the point. Everyone does NOT get a 2nd chance and everyone does not deserve a 2nd chance. The decision - and I feel that it was a poor one - to allow marion to speak is an example of a non-deserving 2nd chance.
                            hahaha...I said you're right...look at the pot calling the kettle black (comprehension).

But what you failed to mention is who determines the 2nd chances. Who and what is society? Of course you feel it was a poor decision for Marion, that's your position, the flip side is this.........everyone doesn't feel like you do...OBVIOUSLY....now which part of society is that?
                            on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                              Just as easily as you have shown those examples, many can be shown to show 2nd chances.
                              Of course they can! No one on here has stated that people in general don't deserve a second chance though so why would you even think to list examples? Again, total lack of reading comprehension skills and the absolute inability to form a cogent, coherent argument.

Comment

This week in a town 5 miles from me, a convicted rapist just got out of prison for rape, he got 15 years, he got a second chance and what did he do with it, he raped a woman 3 days after getting out of prison. going back in and i hope he doesnt get another chance.
                                phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                                X