Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STL_Runner
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Just as easily as you have shown those examples, many can be shown to show 2nd chances.
    Of course they can! No one on here has stated that people in general don't deserve a second chance though so why would you even think to list examples? Again, total lack of reading comprehension skills and the absolute inability to form a cogent, coherent argument.
    Mr Pot calling the Kettle BLACK...sure someone mentioned not getting 2nd chances and I quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote]7-sided wrote:

The entire 'second chance' defense is just dumb! Everyone does NOT get a second chance; perfection or prior mistakes has nothing to do with it.

Black sox eight get a 2nd chance to play?
    Pete Rose get a 2nd chance at the hall of fame?
    'point shavers' get a 2nd chance in their sports?

There are many more examples, but they all answer the question in the negative. NO. Everyone does not deserve a chance and society is not duty-bound to provide them, either.[/quote]

P.S. Your hard one for me is obvious, get a life.
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
      This week in a town 5 miles from me, a convicted rapist just got out of prison for rape, he got 15 years, he got a second chance and what did he do with it, he raped a woman 3 days after getting out of prison. going back in and i hope he doesnt get another chance.
      That's sad about the rapist... so now the analogy is Marion is being compared to a rapist...wow.
      Put all the children away when Marion comes to town, she's after them.
      on the road

Comment

My quote said people in general and you reply with a quote about exceptions to the rule? WOW. I'll say it AGAIN - you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. How many times from how many different people do you need to hear this from before you do something about it?[/i]

Comment

How many times from how many different people do you need to hear this from before you do something about it?
          Reading comprehension is not his specialty - trolling is.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            jazz you again are the master of taking out of context.....because you guys feel Marion is a special, I'm suppose to?

Obviously and I guess not to obvious to you, I'm not the only one who feels Marion deserves to speak to the youth ( those in power who have made the decision)....So you can stop with these I don't understand, be open minded, flaws rhetoric.

Because I'm not influenced by you and the like, is what you're talking about. Just like you have a mind and you conclude what you do, guess what, you guessed it, so do I.
            If you were open-minded, you wouldn't have to agree with an opinion in order to understand it. I don't agree with the decision to let Marion speak to kids, but I understand the rationale behind it, and I do recognize that there is some merit in that decision. The fact that you feel the need to impugn the motives of anyone holding a countervailing opinion, shows that you don't comprehend the rationale for not letting her speak. That's the difference between you and I.

Comment

My quote said people in general and you reply with a quote about exceptions to the rule? WOW. I'll say it AGAIN - you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. How many times from how many different people do you need to hear this from before you do something about it?[/i]
              I don't care what you say.....7-sided stated what he did about everyone not deserving. You have decided it was an exception to the rule, he said everyone does not deserve.
              on the road

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                Originally posted by "STL_Runner":qh44m206
                How many times from how many different people do you need to hear this from before you do something about it?
                Reading comprehension is not his specialty - trolling is.[/quote:qh44m206]

Look how original you are...trolling.

You want me to go away, make me. Try using the same ignore feature as your girl friend.
                on the road

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                  If you were open-minded, you wouldn't have to agree with an opinion in order to understand it.
                  I completely agree, but please keep in mind that we're dealing with a person who, when discussing religion on TrackShark, admitted that he absolutely refuses to try and see something from the other person's point of view, then refused to admit that he was being close-minded.

This is also the same guy who stated that Darold Williamson's PR in the 400 was 44.51, was corrected by someone with a link to a source showing that his PR was actually 44.27, and Speedfirst STILL refused to admit he was wrong. He admitted that 44.27 was Darold's real PR, but wouldn't admit he was wrong about his statement that his best time was 44.51.

Comment

All right Speedfirst, I'll answer your questions.

Yes, I would not mind to have Marion pull me out of the burning car. I would pull her out of burning car, or not burning for that matter, she is an attractive gal, no doubt ;-). I would love to have Marion as a dinner (date) companion. We only met once, in an airport check-in line after Sacramento '04 OT's. I asked her for an autograph, she graciously gave it to me with her gorgeous smile.

After the events of BALCO, false testimony and what followed, what I don't want her to be is a role model for the kids. Speakers become role models by definition. There are many ways of having a "second chance" besides public speaking. I wish her all the best in her life. She certainly has every chance to be a productive citizen (is that what you mean by a second chance?).
                    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                    by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedfirst
                      Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                      This week in a town 5 miles from me, a convicted rapist just got out of prison for rape, he got 15 years, he got a second chance and what did he do with it, he raped a woman 3 days after getting out of prison. going back in and i hope he doesnt get another chance.
                      That's sad about the rapist... so now the analogy is Marion is being compared to a rapist...wow.
                      Put all the children away when Marion comes to town, she's after them.
                      You said everyone deserves a 2nd chance, i show thats not always true and you respond that i'm comparing Marion to a rapist. Are you ok?
                      phsstt!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                        You said everyone deserves a 2nd chance, i show thats not always true and you respond that i'm comparing Marion to a rapist. Are you ok?
                        He's fine, he just has no reading comprehension skills and lacks the ability to form a cogent argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pego

Yes, I would not mind to have Marion pull me out of the burning car.
                          Not only would I let Marion pull me out of a burning car, but I would also let David Duke, Osama bin Laden, Pol Pot, Rush Limbaugh, Jesse Helms, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong and Charles Manson do it. But that doesn't mean I would let them speak to kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by STL_Runner
                            Sp...irst is one of those patently-dishonest posters, it is not just a comprehension problem. Your point was valid at the point when you said it. I didn't make my comment until after you. That said, I don't believe that people must be automatically entitled to a 2nd chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                              Originally posted by Pego

Yes, I would not mind to have Marion pull me out of the burning car.
                              Not only would I let Marion pull me out of a burning car, but I would also let David Duke, Osama bin Laden, Pol Pot, Rush Limbaugh, Jesse Helms, Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong and Charles Manson do it. But that doesn't mean I would let them speak to kids.
                              I would add Jeffery Dahlmer, Count Dracula, The Michellin Man, Carl Lewis on crack, the Boston strangler, Jack the Ripper and even Rosie ODonnell.
                              phsstt!

Comment

• 2 pieces of advice for speedfirst:

Do not ever join a debating team.

You have personal issues you need to address.

Comment

Working...
                                X