Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marion Jones confirmed for Nov. 15 speaking gig

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 2 cents
    I might add Marlow that I noticed after I insinuated yesterday that you and 7-sided are the same person, that you have at least twice posted almost simultaneously as your "friend." This does not fool me....
    If I thought you were serious, I'd say you were clearly deranged, but since I must assume this is an attempt at humor (sic), I can't for the life of me figure out what your point is. Remember the PM I sent you? Is this just an acknowledgment of what I averred there? I didn't realize there's a Pro Tour for what you specialize in!

    Comment


    • Marlow, you KNOW that you're lying, and in a thread in which you're condemning Marion Jones for the same vice, it is truly sad....No, I am not trying to be funny. Remember, the cover-up is often worse than the crime. I use the word loosely, as what you're doing is hardly a crime, but it is pathetic.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 2 cents
        Marlow, you KNOW that you're lying, and in a thread in which you're condemning Marion Jones for the same vice, it is truly sad....No, I am not trying to be funny. Remember, the cover-up is often worse than the crime. I use the word loosely, as what you're doing is hardly a crime, but it is pathetic.
        C'mon now, am I on Candid Camera? You HAVE to know that isn't true. Call up your buddy Ben and have him confirm it. I used to think you were a smart guy, but if you truly think that 7S and I are the same, my regard for you is mortally wounded.

        Comment


        • The truth shall set you free...I don't need to call up anybody to confirm anything...I can read your posts and 7-sided's posts...you don't have to be using the same IP address...I am officially bored with this subject, but I must add, perhaps to your credit, you're not a very good liar...

          Comment


          • What exactly would Marion's message be to the kids?

            She says she didn't know she was taking PEDS and thought it was flax oil right?

            So is she going to say don't take PEDS like I did? Or if you do take them pretend it is flax oil?

            or is her message NEVER admit to the whole truth? Tell little bits of the truth only if you must. If you get to go on Oprah as a result of your lies, then lie again.

            I just don't get exactly what she will say to these kids.

            I have always hoped she would just fade away and I hope this speaking engagement is her last one unless she finally tells the whole truth and nothing but the truth. THAT doesn't seem to be in her DNA though.

            I think a far better speaker would be an athlete who lost out on a medal or had a medal taken away because of a cheating competitor or teammate. THAT might make the kids think a little of the consequences.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Speedfirst
              Originally posted by STL_Runner
              My quote said people in general and you reply with a quote about exceptions to the rule? WOW. I'll say it AGAIN - you really need to work on your reading comprehension skills. How many times from how many different people do you need to hear this from before you do something about it?[/i]
              I don't care what you say.....7-sided stated what he did about everyone not deserving. You have decided it was an exception to the rule, he said everyone does not deserve.
              There is a big difference between stating that NO ONE deserves a second chance and that NOT EVERYONE deserves a second chance. You of course would have picked up on this, but like I've stated too many times already on this thread, you have absolutely no reading comprehension skills.

              Comment


              • All of jokers who are talking about 2nd chances are truly slanting this your direction....

                The 2nd chance scenario being discussed is Marion's speaking to the youth. So please don't get it twisted, this isn't about 2nd chances in general, this again is specific. So you ARE against her 2nd chance, stop fronting.

                How anyone of you feel about me, matter's not at all. I'm rubber y'all glue, everything you say bounce off me and stick on you.
                on the road

                Comment


                • This thread highlights a point I made in the media framing thread. The media tends to focus on the negative aspects of our sport since WE focus on the negative aspects of our sport. She's screwed up, was punished, and is trying move on and do something positive. I guess she's the Michael Vick of the track world? Some of you have suggested Vick should be given a chance to re-build his career. MJ is not looking to compete or rebuild a track career. I'm assuming she's simply trying to do the right thing -- now.

                  This thread has used rapist and drunk driver analogies in an effort to emphasize why Jones shouldn't be allowed to speak with children on the importance of staying drug free. Nevertheless, I understand the passion of some individuals. Strangely enough, certain segments of our society were just as passionate on why Obama shouldn't address their children on the importance of working hard and staying in school.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TrakFan
                    Strangely enough, certain segments of our society were just as passionate on why Obama shouldn't address their children on the importance of working hard and staying in school.
                    Cone on, comparing Marion to Obama? The only thing that Obama ever did wrong to the birthers and the rest of the folks you're describing is be Black. I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are. I don't think anyone on this board holds Marion's skin color against her.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TrakFan
                      This thread has used rapist and drunk driver analogies in an effort to emphasize why Jones shouldn't be allowed to speak with children on the importance of staying drug free. Nevertheless, I understand the passion of some individuals. .
                      Wrong,It was to demonstrate why not EVERYONE automatically gets a 2nd chance.
                      phsstt!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dukehjsteve
                        2 pieces of advice for speedfirst:

                        Do not ever join a debating team.

                        You have personal issues you need to address.
                        I actually instruct debate teams, we all have personal issues needing addressing, work on yours.

                        Let's see if you're as good at recieving advice, as you are in giving unsolicted advice.
                        on the road

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                          , I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are. .
                          You really dont understand there are millions and millions of non racist people who hate Obama's politics? A racist is a horrible and stupid human, so you better be damn sure you dont label someone racist without knowing for sure.
                          phsstt!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                            Come on, comparing Marion to Obama? The only thing that Obama ever did wrong to the birthers and the rest of the folks you're describing is be Black. I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are. I don't think anyone on this board holds Marion's skin color against her.
                            No, I'm comparing the passion of the INDIVIDUALS who didn't want Obama to address their children to the passion of posters on here who don't want Jones to address children. And, there were plenty of non-white Republicans that didn't want the President to address their children. This has nothing to do with MJ's color.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                              Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                              , I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are. .
                              You really dont understand there are millions and millions of non racist people who hate Obama's politics? A racist is a horrible and stupid human, so you better be damn sure you dont label someone racist without knowing for sure.
                              But Obama didn't bring his politics to the classroom. His message was to stay in school, where's the harm in that? W is despised by Blacks, but on 9/11, he was in a Black school talking to kids, and you didn't see Black folks protesting and yanking their kids out of school. Reagan and Bush 41 also spoke to kids in predominantly Black schools without incident. Why would Obama be treated any differently than the 43 previous Presidents we've had?

                              Also, I'm guessing that my racism bar is set lower than yours, which is the case with most Black folks when compared to White folks. Remember, we're all the product of our environments and life experiences.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jazzcyclist
                                But Obama didn't bring his politics to the classroom. His message was to stay in school, where's the harm in that?
                                So, what's the harm in MJ saying stay off drugs?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X