Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TrakFan
    And, there were plenty of non-white Republicans that didn't want the President to address their children.
    Please elaborate on what you mean by plenty since Obama did get 97% of the Black vote, including the vote of most of the Black Republicans.
    Originally posted by Trakfan
    This has nothing to do with MJ's color.
    On that we agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzcyclist
      Originally posted by TrakFan
      And, there were plenty of non-white Republicans that didn't want the President to address their children. This has nothing to do with MJ's color.
      Please elaborate on what you mean by plenty since Obama did get 97% of the Black vote, including the vote of most of the Black Republicans.
      I don't have exact numbers, but I'm sure the total number of Asian, Latino, Native American, and Black voters that didn't/don't support Obama exceeds several million.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/polls/#USP00p1

But, lets stay focused...this is about MJ talking to to the kiddies.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
        Originally posted by jazzcyclist
        , I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are. .

You said all the people who didnt want him to speak. Thats what i disagree with. Some were racist, many perhaps but not all.

And for you to even say," im not saying all conservative are racists" is deeply unfair. IMO
        phsstt!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQUACKEE
          , I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are.
          You said all the people who didnt want him to speak. Thats what i disagree with. Some were racist, many perhaps but not all.
          Perhaps I should have used the phrase "vast majority of" instead of the word "all", since there are exceptions to every rule.

And for you to even say," im not saying all conservative are racists" is deeply unfair. IMO
          Why is that unfair? I was just trying make sure that no one mistakenly concluded that I lumped all conservatives together. By the way, do you think that Obama is entitled to the same respect of the previous 43 Presidents?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrakFan
            But Obama didn't bring his politics to the classroom. His message was to stay in school, where's the harm in that?
            So, what's the harm in MJ saying stay off drugs?
            "Do as I say, not as I did. I cheated, I lied, you shouldn't."

A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
            "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
            by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

, I'm not calling all conservatives or Republicans racists, but certainly the ones who didn't want Obama speaking to school kids are.
              Perhaps I should have used the phrase "vast majority of" instead of the word "all", since there are exceptions to every rule.

Why is that unfair? I was just trying make sure that no one mistakenly concluded that I lumped all conservatives together. By the way, do you think that Obama is entitled to the same respect of the previous 43 Presidents?
              Of course i do, you know me better than that.

Its as unfair as someone saying, "Im not saying all democrates all marxist but .....fill in whatever .....

Would you rather be called a marxist or a racist? I would rather be called a marxist.
              phsstt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pego
                Originally posted by TrakFan
                But Obama didn't bring his politics to the classroom. His message was to stay in school, where's the harm in that?
                So, what's the harm in MJ saying stay off drugs?
                "Do as I say, not as I did. I cheated, I lied, you shouldn't."

A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?
                I think you'll hear I cheated, I lied, I went to jail/was separated from my family, don't make the same mistake.

I'd say that was the truth.

Comment

• I am not defending Marion Jones and have no idea of whether she is truly remorseful for cheating to achieve athletic fame. Assuredly, she is sorry she got caught and that notoriety has replaced celebrity. She paid a high price of disgrace, money and prison time and has nothing to show for her decade in the limelight except memories.

She was an exceptional young athlete, presumably before PEDS. What no one has mentioned is that she surely must be remorseful in the sense of having twinges of regret, albeit perhaps self-pitying, and wondering what she could have achieved honestly.

I am usually pretty much a hardliner on criminal offenses but she has paid the prescribed penalty and in this instance I could make an argument that it would be harder to find a better example of someone to preach from first hand experience the danger and consequences of resorting to PEDs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Its as unfair as someone saying, "Im not saying all democrates all marxist but .....fill in whatever .....

Would you rather be called a marxist or a racist? I would rather be called a marxist.
                    I apologize if I worded my statement clumsily, but I felt like I had to make some distinction among Republicans/conservatives, lest I appear to be indicting all of them. In the future, I'll be careful with my phrasing. Perhaps, you might give a me a suggestion on how I should have phrased my statement.

Comment

I apologize if I worded my statement clumsily, but I felt like I had to make some distinction among Republicans/conservatives, lest I appear to be indicting all of them. In the future, I'll be careful with my phrasing. Perhaps, you might give a me a suggestion on how I should have phrased my statement.
                      No worries Jazz, i think maybe what you might have said is given the fact that other presidents have given talks to school children without any protests it leads one to believe that many of the people opposed to Obama doing the same thing maybe racially motivated. I got no problem with that.
                      phsstt!

Comment

Working...
                      X