Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worst movies of the decade

choices from two SF Chron critics:

<<1. Alone in the Dark (2005) Uwe Boll's worst movie, and that's saying something. Even with 90 years left, Boll's place as the Ed Wood of the 21st century is secure....>>

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0bTWlPkEB

<<1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006): The makers of this series knew they had enough box office to sustain a trilogy, but they didn't have enough story. So they stuffed this bag of nothing with endless banter, hot air and action sequences that did not advance the narrative. The determination was to make an epic, not a good movie, and the result was pure cinematic torture, the absolute worst movie this critic has seen in the past 10 years....>>

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z0bTX6lzFy

I saw one list of 2009's worst, and they had " Knowing " on it. I thought it was pretty good ! What did anyone else think of it ?

Comment

ANYthing by Tarantino or SB Cohen.

Both are eye-bleeding agony to watch.

Comment

"eye bleeding agony" .... all time descriptor for 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          ANYthing by Tarantino or SB Cohen.

Both are eye-bleeding agony to watch.
          I love Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown wasn't bad. Who is SB Cohen?
          "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
          by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Not just the worst film of the decade but the worst film of all time is Mama Mia.

Really hard to believe it was made by professionals. Woefull.

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
              Who is SB Cohen?

Comment

But, of course. There is nothing funny about him.
                "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Actually, I hate to admit it, but I saw Beckham and wife on his Ali G show once, and it was pretty danged funny. There are no sacred cows with him.

Comment

I go to great effort to never see a really bad film. ask people i trust before hand so thankfully have no idea what the worst films are, although marlow would say different- Sin City ect ect 8-)
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                      Not just the worst film of the decade but the worst film of all time is Mama Mia.

Thanx Flump, i was thinking of giving it a chance just to please the wife but not now! :twisted:
                      phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Actually, I hate to admit it, but I saw Beckham and wife on his Ali G show once, and it was pretty danged funny. There are no sacred cows with him.
                        Agree w Marlow -- I found Borat way more than a bit much to take, and didn't bother w Bruno, but I would highly recommend Da Ali G Show even to those who hated Borat and/or Bruno. Ali G was a very funny character -- terrific interviews with celebrities and public figures. All done in small doses.

I find coming up with my "worst/most disliked" list much harder than "best/favorite" list. There are a lot of dreadful movies out there, but many of them don't even seem to be trying too hard, or it's clear they're aiming at such a different audience that it would make no sense for me even to consider them. With that in mind, I would probably put some of Michael Moore's films (esp. Fahrenheit) on my worst/most disliked list. (And, I should note -- because assessments of him seem to break down along political affiliation lines -- I am a person who is somewhere on the end of the political spectrum that is supposed to be in agreement with him.)

Comment

Originally posted by Master Po
                          I would probably put some of Michael Moore's films (esp. Fahrenheit) on my worst/most disliked list. (And, I should note -- because assessments of him seem to break down along political affiliation lines -- I am a person who is somewhere on the end of the political spectrum that is supposed to be in agreement with him.)
                          Zackly! I SHOULD have liked his skewering of GWB in Fahr, but I just found it to be a grossly misleading, unfair, mean-spirited character assassination. He will stoop to any depth to try and get his shots in. Not cool. :evil:

Comment

Have to disagree. The movie did pale in comparison with the stage version I saw in London, but I found it quite watchable.

Admitting, however, that Meryl Streep can do no wrong in my eyes.

Comment

Not just the worst film of the decade but the worst film of all time is Mama Mia. Really hard to believe it was made by professionals. Woefull.
                              It was so bad in trailers (Pierce Brosnan was an unbelievable embarrassment) that I didn't even go to the free preview. Even my wife, who loves musicals, turned it off midway through, when she paid for it 'on demand' through the cable company.

Comment

Working...
                              X