Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me a "worst" movie has to be a movie that appears on the regular movie circuit, be it the US or otherwise. Click through the TV and you'll get movies that have never been seen on the circuit and you have an endless amount of trash.

Also I think it has to be a movie that has a fan base, because if we all hate the movie then what's the point.

Of this years crop I can say: "The hangover" stands out for me as trash. Last year it was: "knocked up." In 2007 it was "Borat." I know, I know, it seems like I don't have a taste for adolescent humor.

Of the non comedy movies this year I would say that "The Informant" pleased me least. I also disliked "Men who stare at goats" for spinning an interesting plot in the wrong direction: satire.

Comment

I too was disappointed in "Men Who Stare at Goats". I am not sure what I expected but did not find it. It was not comedy or combat or sci-fi or ?????
      Just another bad movie with no point that I could discern. Maybe it was too deep for me :?

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        I too was disappointed in "Men Who Stare at Goats". I am not sure what I expected but did not find it. It was not comedy or combat or sci-fi or ?????
        Just another bad movie with no point that I could discern. Maybe it was too deep for me :?
        It certainly was not deep. I usually like satires in which characters are off center, but somehow for this topic it just didn't work. The Coen brothers usually do that kind of thing much better, except for "Burn after Reading," which never lifted off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
          except for "Burn after Reading," which never lifted off the ground.
          I'm glad someone else thought that. All my friends loved it, and I'm thinking 'did they even see the same film I did?'

Comment

I went and saw "2012" a few weeks ago, and it was so bad I could not believe it.

As for the decade, the remake of "War of The Worlds" was so bad it was laughable.

Comment

Mama Mia is not the worst film i've ever seen, just the most inept. the story, dialogue, acting, singing, dancing, lighting (epecially the lighting) everything is absolutely abominable.

its as if me and flump woke up one morning and said 'lets make a film' only worse much worse

having said that if you watch in the right way (drunk or post modernly) it is one of the most enjoyable films ever and i have had so myuch fun laughing about it since

my worst film of this decade and all time is The Royal Tenenbaums
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

It was you who turned to me in the cinema and asked "Is this the worst film of all time" and I replied "YES!!!!".

I do agree that it's great fun to laugh at.

The lighting is horrendous :shock: I've seen better lit DOGMA films.

Comment

OK, so the Tiger Woods thread is locked....

Comment

Now, THATS funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X