Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the stress and physicallity factors screw up the rankings in several professions.
    My Law Dude eldest daughter says she solved the stress problem by specializing in appelate law. Her clients already have one or two strikes against them. If she wins, she is a hero. If she loses, she just confirms the previous judgements.
    Fortunately, she seldom loses, resulting in more reduction in stress, a gated McMansion, Mercedes and, since she is a tree-hugging greenie, a workaday Prius.

Comment

Yay, I'm #8!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
        since she is a tree-hugging greenie
        Isn't it great? Lonewolf standing in front of the mirror whispering "I raised a liberal child. What have I done, what have I done"? :wink: 8-)
        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
        by Thomas Henry Huxley

Comment

Are all greens liberal? I'm not sure. It is conceivable to me that one can be concerned with the environment and still be politically conservative on other issues.

(I hope I'm not dooming the thread with this post.)

Comment

I'm with you on that tandfman. Green issues should be more bipartisan than most issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
              I'm with you on that tandfman. Green issues should be more bipartisan than most issues.
              They should be, but usually are not.

Comment

Are right wingers are so stoopid they dont realize that they need clean air and water also or do their crazed need for profits trumps all reason?

Bye thread! :lol:
                phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Pego
                  Originally posted by lonewolf
                  since she is a tree-hugging greenie
                  Isn't it great? Lonewolf standing in front of the mirror whispering "I raised a liberal child. What have I done, what have I done"? :wink: 8-)
                  I think she would be better described as a political schizophrenic.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                    Are right wingers are so stoopid they dont realize that they need clean air and water also or do their crazed need for profits trumps all reason?

So no left wingers fly, use plastics (fossil fuels in general), drink coffee, eat beef, etc....??? :twisted:
                    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74

So no left wingers fly, use plastics (fossil fuels in general), drink coffee, eat beef, etc....??? :twisted:
                      I believe Gore's mega mansion uses 5 billion kilowatts of power a day. :lol:

No to mention the private jet. 8-)
                      phsstt!

Comment

I think the point attempting to be made is that the right wing of US politics denies the need for any self-restraint when it comes to consumption. Few Americans born after WWII actually have any self-restraint, but some recognize its need, and it appears well correlated to political views.

My parents are old-school conservatives, meaning they conserve: waste not, want not. It took them quite a while to realize this put them at odds with the post-1980 Republican Party.

For the record, Gore does not own a private jet.

Comment

Bye Squackee!

Comment

Working...
                          X