Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boise should be national champs

I've been getting bombed over on the Vol board for saying this, but Bama just beat Tennessee by 2 points this year -- and we sucked. You can't tell me that Boise wouldn't have had a chance against Alabama. I think they have more than proven themselves worthy over the last four years.

Boise St deserves all the props they can get, great great program. I do however doubt they are superior to "this" Alabama team. Yes I know about Oklahoma and what happened to Bama last season. I do think Boise is one of the top 4/5 teams in the nation, meaning they can beat about 115 teams. Can they beat Bama, a Texas team "with" Colt McCoy, Florida, Ohio State? Could they have hung with those good USC teams? They like TCU/Cinncy/Utah lack that quality of depth that we see coming from those power schools. They don't have as many big bad cats or as many speedsters.

Alabama is the best team in 2009, if you compare their schedule to what Boise played it's real obvious who had the harder road to travel to maintain perfection. I'm thinking...

1.Alabama
    2.Boise State
    3.Florida
    4.Texas
    5.TCU

Comment

Originally posted by Avante
      1.Alabama
      2.Boise State
      3.Florida
      4.Texas
      5.TCU
      In the same way that some UMiami fans think their 01 team could have beaten a pro team that year, supporters of Boise St, TCU, Cincy (sorry guru), etc., think that just because they ran their schedule automatically means they could compete with the big boys. Tex, Ala, and Fla were on a different level this year. MOST of the players of the lower-tier teams would not have even been recruited by the Big 3. The talent level is just completely different. Granted, each lower team had a couple of stand-outs, but just as the worst pro team is made up of college football's best players, the Top 3 programs are 50-deep in players that the lower teams are 10-deep in. To put Boise St above UF or UT is just not understanding the system. Ya gotta have the horses to win, and the lower teams simply didn't.

Comment

Too bad Boise St and TCU played each other, instead of playing Florida, or Iowa, etc, so we could see how they stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJay
          Too bad Boise St and TCU played each other, instead of playing Florida, or Iowa, etc, so we could see how they stack up.
          Had TCU hung on in the BCS ahead of Cincinnati the Horned Frogs would have played Florida and gotten thumped(no one would have beated Florida that night). Boise would have played Cincinnati, which was a much better matchup personnel-wise for the Bearcats than Florida.
          There are no strings on me

Comment

Re: Boise should be national champs

Originally posted by BillVol
            I've been getting bombed over on the Vol board for saying this, but Bama just beat Tennessee by 2 points this year -- and we sucked. You can't tell me that Boise wouldn't have had a chance against Alabama. I think they have more than proven themselves worthy over the last four years.
            I thought that your team did a lot better than what people expected. Forget about the bowl game, they did a good job just getting to one.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
              Originally posted by DrJay
              Had TCU hung on in the BCS ahead of Cincinnati the Horned Frogs would have played Florida
              How do you know that TCU would have ended up in the Sugar Bowl? I know Florida was obligated to go to the Sugar Bowl since they're an SEC team, but to my knowledge, there is no tie-in for the #3 team, just the #1 & #2 teams. There are also tie-ins for the PAC 10, Big 10, Big 12 and ACC champions, but I don't understand how the at-large teams or the Big East champions are assigned to the different BCS bowls.

By the way, BillVol, even Chris Petersen thinks you're nuts.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/discus ... 897#620897

Comment

Working...
              X