Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

    Virtue and Moir were absolutely fantastic - graceful, beautiful. Moir must have some special material for his trousers for Virtue to stand on his thigh like that with her skate! I have to admit I was rooting for the Canadians solidly, but I thought the Americans did a great routine too. One of my favourite moments of the games so far. I love those electric moments when the crowd's so involved.

    In a particular lack of Brit modesty, I'm looking forward to the two-woman Bob tonight when former athletes Nicola Minichiello and Gillian Cooke (her of the split costume fame), former heptathlete and long jumper respectively, go for a medal (hopefully, fingers crossed, etc, etc).

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

      Originally posted by IanS_Liv
      Virtue and Moir were absolutely fantastic - graceful, beautiful. Moir must have some special material for his trousers for Virtue to stand on his thigh like that with her skate! I have to admit I was rooting for the Canadians solidly, but I thought the Americans did a great routine too. One of my favourite moments of the games so far. I love those electric moments when the crowd's so involved.

      In a particular lack of Brit modesty, I'm looking forward to the two-woman Bob tonight when former athletes Nicola Minichiello and Gillian Cooke (her of the split costume fame), former heptathlete and long jumper respectively, go for a medal (hopefully, fingers crossed, etc, etc).

      Gotta cheer on ex track athletes...even if they are British. Thanks for the heads up.





      :wink:

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

        Originally posted by Dutra
        I'm sure I join the rest of the board in being completely offended at the reaction of the home crowd to the ice dancing results. An embarrassing display of pride.
        To me the whole thing is a media fabricated myth. Canadian fans are no more "shrinking violets" than fans in other countries where I have spent time watching international sporting events. They are flag wavers with the best of them and why shouldn't they be????

        If Canada does not win Olympic Hockey it 's the end of the world. Just like it's in Austria right now for failing miserably in the Alpine events. Norwegians are in rage now for their pathetic results in most of the Cross country events.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

          Originally posted by Per Andersen
          Just like it's in Austria right now for failing miserably in the Alpine events. Norwegians are in rage now for their pathetic results in most of the Cross country events.
          Norwegian XC skiers have already got 3 golds - that's not what I would call a pathetic result. And the Austrians usually end up failing in the major championships after dominating on the World Cup circuit in Alpine events.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

            I'm tellin' ya....I'm gonna bust a cap in somebody if another Olympics show closes with the Canadian anthem playing as it did AGAIN!!!! last night for the woman who won whatever skicross is.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

              Originally posted by Dutra
              I'm tellin' ya....I'm gonna bust a cap in somebody if another Olympics show closes with the Canadian anthem playing as it did AGAIN!!!! last night for the woman who won whatever skicross is.
              Did you notice all the Ex Alpine skiers involved in skicross?. Nice second career for many of them.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

                Seems the Russians don't like us either.

                Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey, Pravda - “We all know Canada has problems with the future lines drawn on Arctic maps and we all know Canada lives in the shadow of its larger neighbour to the south. The abject cruelty shown by Canadian soldiers in international conflicts is scantily referred to, as indeed is the utter incapacity of this county to host a major international event, due to its inferiority complex, born of a trauma being the skinny and weakling bro to a beefy United States and a colonial outpost to the United Kingdom, whose Queen smiles happily from Canadian postage stamps. Maybe it is this which makes the Canadians so retentive, or cowardly.”


                And the Russian president cancelled his visit to Vancouver giving no reason....we know why..... :lol: 8-)

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: "the world doesn't care for our new attitude"

                  I've been reading a few of Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey's columns via the magic of the internet. Bancroft-Hinchey may not be insane...but his ranting surely is. He also claims to be a songwriter who saves Russian prostitutes in his spare time. I kid you not! :lol:

                  cman :shock:

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X