X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun internet website

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq

Re: Another good time killer

Another ambiguous subject heading. When I first read it, I thought it was about something that killed good times.

Comment

Re: Fun internet website

Indeed a very fun game. My personal pr is 6km from St. Petersburg!

Comment

Wow, that was fun. Got my butt kicked on Easter Island and some of the African ones. That's actually a great game to learn geography.
        You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

Comment

I must be doing something wrong. Some locations that I knew I were spot on were off by hundreds and even thousands of kilometers in a country that isn't even that big. :? ??????

Comment

Plate Tectonics, Lonewolf. It's a good thing. You've been blessed with a long enough life that the Earth has shifted on you. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by scottmitchell74
              Plate Tectonics, Lonewolf. It's a good thing. You've been blessed with a long enough life that the Earth has shifted on you. :twisted:
              That only partially explains it. According to the folks who figure out these things, the Atlantic Ocean has widened 224 cm = 7 feet 4.5 inches in my lifetime, which does not completely account for my being 778 km off if locating London, UK :?
              Maybe they meant London, CT. Nah, that would be worse. I better go take that test again.

Comment

Originally posted by bman
                Indeed a very fun game. My personal pr is 6km from St. Petersburg!
                5km from Doge's Palace!

Comment

I got a bunch of London landmarks as well as the capital and got within 100km each time. My closest effort, and pure luck, was Mecca (22km).

Comment

It doesn't explain the big misses but the scale of the map is such that even the width of the little circle in the curser can be 100km.

Comment

That's what I found, Lonewolf.

My closest was 19km to one of the Washington state cities. I don't remember which. I just clicked as close to the Sound as possible, and that did the trick.

Fun!

Comment

I only made it to level 6 on my first try with a score of about 195,000, but my husband made it to 10 with a score of over 400,000

Comment

Final Score: 369,557
                          Final Level: 10 (Level 10 score 49,954; 50,000 needed to advance to the last two levels)
                          Travel IQ: 110
                          *I really blew some extremely easy ones (I wish I had a mouse and not the touchpad for this). But, it was fun.

Comment

7 we have almost identical stats (level 10 with about 46K travel IQ 111, I didn't notice a total score). I blew some of the African cities big time. But then got lucky with some of the Pacific islands. I guess it evens out in the wash.

Comment

Good one! Thanks BillVol.

Didn't make it past Level 10. Close...but not as close as 7-sided!

411,158 total.

Comment

Working...
                              X