Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby starves t death while parents raise virtualchild online

Korean couple became obsessed with raising virtual baby while their real infant daughter lay abandoned and unfed

According to the article, the parents started playing an online simulation in which you raise a virtual simulated baby on the internet, and became obsessed with the simulation playing 12 or more hours a day at an internet cafe while leaving their real actual baby home all alone, often forgetting to feed it for whole days. Eventually, one time when they returned home from the internet cafe, they found that their baby had died. Coroners determined it was severely malnourished and had died of starvation/malnutrition after being forgotten about for so long by the parents who were caught up in the virtual baby-raising computer simulation internet game at the internet cafe.

I couldn't have thought up this plot/scenario in fiction if I had tried. This is one of the most insanely ridiculous/ironic news stories I have ever read. Wow...

Re: Baby starves t death while parents raise virtualchild online

There isn't a penalty stiff enough for those two. Obviously they should spend the rest of their lives in prison. Curious to see what kind of sentence they get.

Comment

Working...
    X