Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol

I am now going to admit my deepest darkest, most shameful secret - I have watched every episode of this show all season (first time I have done that). They just ran the last episode and crowned the winner, Lee DeWyze, who frequently goes off-pitch, but is the most sympatico guy they've ever had. He beat Crystal Bowersox, who was clearly the best singer/entertainer. But last year Adam Lambert, arguably the best entertainer the show has ever had (fans of Carrie Underwood are now booing me), didn't win.

Anyway . . . gh admitted he needed hankies in the Lost finale, and just now my wife and I were extremely verkempt at the end! ops: :twisted:

Re: American Idol

I sporadically watch the show but after Carrie it has been all downhill....

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
      "Pipes", such as those which Carrie Underwood has, are very rare...They certainly don't show up every day, or every year. She has a magnificent voice, imho...

Comment

Lee was likely the worst winner they have ever had. You can call him Mr Pitchy because I doubt he sang a single song the whole season where he was on key throughout the song. His rendition of "Beautiful Day" was an embarrassment. I cringe have the time I hear the guy sing. I thought from the first episode of the final 24 Crystal was far and away the best they had and she demonstrated that throughout the year. But, on American idol, the best often lose.

This whole season was a huge letdown compared to season 9, which was very very good.

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan

This whole season was a huge letdown compared to season 9, which was very very good.
          this season was horrendous with the most ridiculous result ever and to be honest without Adam last year would have been just as bad.

i'm obsessed with this show but it has gor progressively worse since seaoson 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WWtGpEqpV4
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

That was the worst result of the worst final show of the worst season on A.I. ever.

Truly horrible.

WTF were those guests.

Alice Cooper?
            The Bee Gees??
            Hall and Oates???
            Michael McDonald????
            Chacago?????
            Brett Michaels??????

Were Huey Lewis and The News busy???

But Miss Jackson looked great.

Comment

First, Lee De Wyze sounds horrific on finale competition (then wins)

Alice Cooper sounded worse than he looked, and he looks awfully bad.
              Maurice Gibb missing those high notes badly, ugggg
              My wife was wanting to go to a Chicago concert soon as they are coming to town, but, after watching Idol said to forget it!!

Janet Jackson was OK until she sang that Nasty Boys song. I kept seeing my grandmother walking around in tights and singing that song while I was watching it and it made me want to puke.

Awful night!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                WTF were those guests.
                Hall and Oates???
                Don't be dissing my man, Hall! And Oates did not look one day older than he did in the 70s, when he already looked 10 years older than Hall, who now looks considerably older than he should.

Hey Darryl, the 70s called and want their poofy hair back!

Comment

I'm not dissing Hall & Oates. I bought a Greatest Hits cd recently butr that doesn't change the fact that they had no business being on the AI final??? :?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                    Originally posted by Flumpy
                    WTF were those guests.
                    Hall and Oates???
                    Don't be dissing my man, Hall! And Oates did not look one day older than he did in the 70s, when he already looked 10 years older than Hall, who now looks considerably older than he should.
                    Daryl Hall looks older than 63?

Anyone who's a Hall and Oates fan needs to check this stuff out.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rasb
                      Originally posted by lonewolf
                      "Pipes", such as those which Carrie Underwood has, are very rare...They certainly don't show up every day, or every year. She has a magnificent voice, imho...
                      Yep and more than passably attractive. Seems to be a genuinely "nice" person... and small town Oklahoma girl.. from Troy Aikmans home town.. dunnot what it is about Checotah...

Comment

Working...
                      X