Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheerleading Is A Sport

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cheerleading Is A Sport

    Let's see one of those sissy volley ball players do this:

    High School Cheerleader Tackles Thief

    http://www.wyff4.com/r/24407074/detail.html

    All the schools that dropped men's track and field can reinstate it because they have one additional women's sport

  • #2
    Re: Cheerleading Is A Sport

    I met a girl in her early twenties recently. The subject ofrunning came up. She said theres no way she can run because she has bad knees, bad ankles and a bad back. All of these ailments caused by high school cheerleading!
    phsstt!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cheerleading Is A Sport

      Federal judge recently ruled cheerleading not a sport in regards to Title IX compliance: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... ook/100727

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cheerleading Is A Sport

        Originally posted by bad hammy
        Federal judge recently ruled cheerleading not a sport in regards to Title IX compliance: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... ook/100727
        Yes, we know. This post is in response to the ruling .....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cheerleading Is A Sport

          So she tackled a guy because he was running? What if he was running out of the mall because he had gotten a call that his kid was in the hospital?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cheerleading Is A Sport

            Originally posted by Marlow
            So she tackled a guy because he was running? What if he was running out of the mall because he had gotten a call that his kid was in the hospital?
            Would security be in pursuit if you were just running out of the mall .. to get to the hospital, for example?

            And what conclusion would a volley ball player come to after witnessing the same scenario?

            Comment


            • #7
              Cheerleading on it's way to Olympic status.

              http://nypost.com/2016/12/08/finally...-the-olympics/

              LA2024 would be a fitting debut
              There are no strings on me

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by guru View Post
                Cheerleading on it's way to Olympic status.

                http://nypost.com/2016/12/08/finally...-the-olympics/

                LA2024 would be a fitting debut
                Very smart move by IOC. Its going to be a ratings bonanza.

                I say "Bring it on !"

                Comment


                • #9
                  The looming headache is, of course, the WADA/USADA testing pool. Will every cheerleader in the country(at least at the collegiate level) have to sign up?
                  There are no strings on me

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And the Rwandan judge gives those cheesy Nigerian grins a 9!

                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...rt-get-over-it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by guru View Post
                      The looming headache is, of course, the WADA/USADA testing pool. Will every cheerleader in the country(at least at the collegiate level) have to sign up?
                      We are better served if WADA focuses their resources on testing athletes whose performance is significantly enhanced by doping. That excludes subjective sports like synchronized swimming and cheerleading

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        you don't understand the benefits of PEDs if you think that the synchs and cheerleaders wouldn't receive massive aid in terms of both strength and stamina.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Over the years, I've gotten much more inclusive in my opinion of what constitutes a "sport". Cheerleading is a tough one since the whole objective of the activity is to be a diversion during real sporting events. I don't think we can call cheerleading a sport unless marching band, singing "take me out to the ballgame", and producing beer commercials are also declared to also be sports.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Merner521 View Post
                            I don't think we can call cheerleading a sport unless marching band, singing "take me out to the ballgame", and producing beer commercials are also declared to also be sports.
                            Just wait 'till you see the IOC's Agenda 2028! :-)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by guru View Post
                              The looming headache is, of course, the WADA/USADA testing pool. Will every cheerleader in the country(at least at the collegiate level) have to sign up?
                              Not to any greater degree than college athletes currently participate in the pool... numbers would be limited.

                              But that does make me wonder... would Team USA be the best individuals combined together into an all-star team, or the best existing team and the whole team qualifies together like they do in curling?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X