Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons of Anarchy, Season III

Hmmm... for the first hour I felt the jury was out on whether or not they'd gone too far over the top in trying to get deep (I mean reaaalllly deep) into character development, with the principals getting to chew up a lot of scenery. Then Alex and his Droogs slipt back into the old ways of a little ultra-violence. The Sons are back!

Re: Sons of Anarchy, Season III

DVRed Terriers last night. Anyone see it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      Tonight, maybe with "Nikita."

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        Hmmm... for the first hour I felt the jury was out on whether or not they'd gone too far over the top in trying to get deep (I mean reaaalllly deep) into character development, with the principals getting to chew up a lot of scenery. Then Alex and his Droogs slipt back into the old ways of a little ultra-violence. The Sons are back!
        Yeah what was with Clay trying to talk Jax out of revenge, and Tig holding back Gemma from de-nutting some poor shlub for taking offense at her trying to hot wire his car. Good thing Jax let loose. How are they going to keep him out of prison? Easy: he went after a cop killer.

Comment

Hope the guy has fingerprints: After the way Jax worked his face into the pavement they'll not be able to make a visual or dental-records ID!

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Yes! Moodier and broodier than ever. Jax sinks into despair and booze (drugs?), the guys pull him back. Some idiot ticks off gemma and finds out she is no one to mess with. Clay broods and plans. The guys chase some dudes who do a drive by on them, windup ambushed by hood gang, and do a Honor among hoods moment over the missing baby.... One of the shows that hasn't gone sappy and silly, remains raw to the bone, clear in plot and character.

I waited with 'bated breathe to see whether my SOA was gonna go all silly and spoofy like the rest.. Thankfully, it hasn't. wheww.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremyp
              Originally posted by Marlow
              Tonight, maybe with "Nikita."
              "Terriers" is quirky and kind of endearing: stoners do PI. It's a keeper so far. As for "Nikita" Glitzy trash; I lasted 25 minutes.....had to as wife thought there were too many semi naked chicks. I, of course bailed due to it's lack of intellectual merit. :mrgreen:

Comment

Had trouble with Terriers just because the lead guy seemed such a copy of The Big Lebowski.

Haven't done Nikita yet; debating whether or not to expose the wife to it or go back and sell her on the Surnow original (original TV, not movie), since she was such a 24 fan.

Comment

Loved Gemma's line to Tig: "where you going with that baby oil?" Loved Tig's reply.

Comment

and after his response, her reply, along the lines of, "I'm just glad it's not my dad."

And do we have a nominee for most evil priest of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                      and after his response, her reply, along the lines of, "I'm just glad it's not my dad."

And do we have a nominee for most evil priest of all time?
                      Catholic priests are open season right now. But garroting in a pew? :roll:

Comment

Working...
                      X